Eagle-eyed blog readers will notice that today's post is not, in fact, pictures of Mount Vernon. I have at least downloaded them onto the computer from the camera, but that's as far as I've gotten with them. And since it's the start of a new month it's time for a cross stitch update anyway. Actually I'm behind on these too, but we'll get to that later.
The project for August was The Accolade. This is the largest Scarlet Quince pattern I've tackled so far.
I added 9,366 stitches for a grand total of 56,265 stitches done, or 37.51%. Yeah, I'm still a ways away from halfway done, but I DID manage to make it to under 100,000 stitches left. Yay me.
In other good news, I filled in everything around the queen's face so she no longer looks radioactive. I was kinda obsessed with working on this for most of August but stitching her noggin took FOREVER because of all the confetti. My needle board once more looks like a porcupine. But the curtain behind her goes a bit faster, so I should finish that last bit on the left the next time it comes up in the rotation, and on the next row of pages I'll get to her sword and the knight's head. So ya know, progress.
That's it for me today. Cheers, peeps!
56 minutes ago