Saturday, February 2, 2008

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

I was going to post the Ferris wheel pics today but I'm having some trouble uploading them to the blog, I'll try again tomorrow. So for now you get a picture-less blog entry :-)

So, we've been unpacking stuff for three days now and it's starting to look like we actually live here...and we don't get an echo anymore so that means we actually have stuff in the house. I'm STILL not finished with the kitchen, although I did bring my iPod and iHome in there with me and seriously rocked out to some tunes while I put stuff up. I also had the kitchen window wide open, so I wonder how many people might have walked by and seen my high-energy interpretive dance to Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody"...well, at least it made unpacking more entertaining. I seriously love my iPod, I can't do anything without a soundtrack. And if I don't have that playing, then usually I have something going in my head. Earlier today I was stuck on "Read my Mind" by The Killers, and yesterday it was selections from Hootie & the Blowfish's CD Looking for Lucky, which is a great CD by the way. But I digress.

We've had surprisingly few things broken, considering the guys who packed up our stuff in North Carolina were all eeeeeeeeeediots. They wanted to put my very nice wooden dresser upside down and slide it across concrete to get it in the truck...luckily Lee heard them planning that and told them in no uncertain terms that they would do no such thing. Have I not mentioned that Lee is my husband? Yep, he is. I'll post some pics of both of us when I get the photo thingibopper working. Lee is wonderful....he let me have the bigger spare bedroom for my craft room, I got the closet that isn't half taken up with air conditioner ducts in the master bedroom, and he doesn't roll his eyes much when I go through and alphabetize our DVDs. He does make fun of me when I forget that I've left the keys in the front door though, but I guess I can't complain too much on that one. I still have all that closet space, after all.

In the course of the unpacking process, I have discovered that I have too many clothes (especially ones that don't fit anymore), too much kitchen stuff, and too many plastic storage thingies, but I do not have too many rubber stamps. Weird, huh? And, no matter what Lee says, I do not have too many books. Reading quality books keeps one's vocabulary (and possibly spelling ability) up to snuff. I tried really hard to just bring the ones I could not live without for three years...turns out I read a lot. Like, a whole lot. And having a large collection of rubber stamps improves one's ability to make cards for people and spend massive amounts of money. See? Great reason for me to buy more!


Thus ends another day...now that the upstairs is pretty much looking how it's supposed to, it's time to tackle the downstairs and finish washing all those dishes in the kitchen. Does one really need five 9x13 baking pans? Because that's how many I've got.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Whew, you sound busy Christy! Where were you about 5 hours ago when I had to go the BX and buy a
9x13 pan? Dang! ;)