Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Famous Ferris Wheel

It occurred to me that I kind of started this blog in medias res, which is Latin for "starting the story in the middle and confusing the heck out of everyone." So, let's start over a little bit. Hi, I'm Christy. I just moved to Okinawa, Japan, at the beginning of the year with my husband Lee...
That's Lee. Idn't he cuuuuuuute? Well, I think he his, and he'll prolly kill me when he reads this post :-)
Yes, you guessed it, both those pictures of us were taken on this Ferris wheel which is in Americatown (which is part of Chatan). It was kind of rainy the day we went up in it, but I think it rains at least a little bit every single day here. I don't think I've seen the sun yet. I've also got some pics of stuff you could see from the Ferris wheel but I'll post those next.

As you've probably guessed, I like to make cards. I also used to scrapbook a lot but I haven't done that in a while, I'm hoping to get back into it while we're here since we're taking all these pictures and I want to be able to show them off in a lovely format when we get back to the States. I also read a lot, buy lots and lots of movies, and I really like to bake...mostly I cook desserts, although I do a good lasagna too since my mom taught me that (hi Mom!). So you can see that all my hobbies seem to revolve around staying at the house....Lee likes to go scuba diving, fly RC planes, and do all kinds of other things that involve leaving the house. He said if I get certified as a scuba diver that we'll go to Australia to dive at the Great Barrier Reef. Two problems with that: a.) I have a horrible fear of deep water and b.) I am so totally NOT going to get in the water with sharks. I didn't even see Jaws and I still don't want to do that. I did promise I would at least try diving once but I'm not going to promise more than that.

We also have two dogs, Sadie and Vader. They're both crazy black Lab mixes and they're 2 years old. I'm sure that they'll get pictures posted on here soon too :-) They're our kids and they keep us entertained. They probably don't keep the neighbors entertained though...both of them have wandered into other people's houses uninvited since we got here. We're gonna have to do a lot more training with them.

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

Oh my gosh, that is a HEWJ ferris wheel. Well, you won't get me OR your brother up on that one, that's for sure. Cool -- so glad you are "venturing out". Gotta soak in some of that local culture. It is fascinating. Great to talk to you this evening/tomorrow morning. Hee Hee! -- Mom

Juliana said...

How cool to see a pic of you with out pirate hair!!

Thanks for sharing the picture of the *Sexy Hubby*, too.