Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Oh Say Can You See...


This is for today's color challenge on Splitcoast--River Rock, Basic Black, and Whisper White. I do NOT like River Rock so it took some thinking to figure out what I could do with those three (non) colors. I ended up cheating a bit, using the blue and red to color in the main image, but it really makes the card pop, doesn't it? It's actually showing up more vibrant in the picture than it is IRL. I sponged some of the icky River Rock ink color over my white on the bottom so that the white on the flag would be what drew the eye first and foremost. All supplies for this card are by Stampin' Up!

I was hoping for a cute springy color combo this week since I just got a whole bunch of cute springy stamps that I've spent most of the day putting together. Well, I'll make some cute springy cards tomorrow. Nothing else to do since most of the Americans on the island are, in effect, grounded like naughty teenagers. That's how come no cool Japan pics lately.

5 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh I think your card is awesome! I love the addition of the flag colors. Beautifully done!

Joan Jeffery said...

Even if you don't like River Rock...you did an awesome job with this challenge.

amber said...

Dude, you don't like River Rock? I loooove that color! You did a really good job on this card, I love it! Look at you bein all patriotic n' stuff;)
So you finally got yoru box of goodies? When am I gonna come over and play in your stash??!!?:)

Crafty Math Chick said...

NICE job!! I LOVE your color combo here, the river rock looks at home on this card.

Sorry about the lock down - that TOTALLY s-cks. I feel for you. Hope it ends soon.

~Meredith (aka Crafty Math Chick @SCS)

Karen said...

I really love that stamp set. Your card is beautiful!
Karen K.