Thursday, February 7, 2008

Oh, What a Beautiful Morning!

This post is dedicated to my high school marching band director, who made us sing that song to the sun at seven o'clock in the morning when we started rehearsals outside. He also made us face east and greet the sun: "Good morning, sun! I'm so glad to see you today! I hope you shine brightly on us!" And then we had to sing "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah." He was quite the character. This one's for you, Bertman.

So yeah, it was a totally beautiful morning yesterday and what did I do? I cleaned the kitchen, got in the shower, and then talked to my parents on video chat for a while and before I knew it, it was lunchtime. I did take my dogs out for a long walk in the afternoon though so at least I got some Vitamin D. I heard from people who have been on the island longer that we get six months of nonstop clouds in the winter here, and then six months of nonstop sun (with the occasional typhoon) in the summer.

Anyway, here's a card I posted on Splitcoast a few days ago. This is my thank you to my friend Liz (HI LIZ!) for sending me this totally cute Jim Shore Tinker Bell figurine. I think the flower came out too dark but other than that it's a reasonably cute card...and I think when I upload pictures on here they turn out darker too, so now that flower is *really* dark. I've also been working on some birthday cards since half the people I know were born in either October or February, including my husband. I should probably be working on those instead of playing around on the computer, huh?

Neelu, I was just kidding about only Amber and Mom reading my blog. But I didn't see your comment on the other post until after I posted that. So now you get your very own mention here, HI NEELU! See, here's a picture of Neelu, it's the best one I could find on my computer since I left all my scrapbooks at home that have TONS of pictures of her in them. Neelu was a bridesmaid in my wedding, isn't she beautiful? You know she is. We've been friends since she moved to Texas when we were in 7th grade and we happened to have several classes together. Now she's in California and I'm in Japan so we don't get to hang out together anymore. But she leaves comments on here. :-)

1 comment:

diva! said...

Me and my big mouth! Now, I have a big ole honkin' picture of me on your blog! I should have known better...

Tinkerbell is cute! Do you still collect those green dragon figurines too? And those teddy bears?

Well, it is two in the morning here and I have been playing a silly game for I believe the past 6hours....sad I know. Therefore, it is time to go to bed. Maybe when I wake up, I'll sing Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah.