Monday, February 18, 2008

Sunset Excursion

Last night we went out to the seawall to try to watch the sunset. It was a perfectly clear morning yesterday, no haze and just a few clouds...but of course at sunset, all the clouds had congregated in the west so we couldn't see much. We did take the camera though, so here's the best shot Lee took.

They have these huge things that look like gigundor concrete jacks all along the beach, I suppose to slow down erosion of the shore line and maybe it has something to do with typhoons? Lee theorized that they might break up big waves in the event of a typhoon before they hit the island proper, which would be a good idea since it's like 100 feet from the water to the nearest buildings. Sorry, 30 meters, they're metric here :p

I made this thank you card yesterday for a challenge posted on Splitcoast Stampers. All stamps, inks, and cardstock are by Stampin' Up! Not sure who's going to get this yet, but it's always a good idea to have a few thank you cards on hand.

Pretty low-key weekend here...it's Monday night now but Lee was off today for President's Day. We've just been hanging out and I baked some cookies for a fundraiser that's happening tomorrow. And in the morning we're going to get up really early and hit the gym, which is all the more important since I had a cookie or two today. Hey, I have to taste-test them, don't I? Oh, yeah, GYM. Now I really have to do that...

3 comments:

CCsMom said...

Now we'll see if I can post on this blog again. Been having trouble. Both my girls now have blogs. Fun, fun! Mimi would have LOVED your sunset picture even though the sun was hiding. Very nice. Can't wait to see it for myself. Love ya!!!

Amber said...

neato picture! I love it down there by the seawall, it's so neat:)

Heather said...

Love this!