Monday, February 11, 2008

When there's something strange in the neighborhood...

Who ya gonna call? Ghostbusters! If there's something weird and it don't look good, who ya gonna call?

Guess what movie I watched this morning :-)

I took the kiddos for a walk today and it did turn out to be an interesting one. First this little girl ran after us, she's maybe 3 or 4 years old, and of course Sadie looooves kids (not in a they taste like chicken kind of way, but in an I reallyreallyreallyreally want to be your friend way). So the kid catches up to Sadie and then throws a stick at her. Luckily the kid's aim was totally off and her mom was mortified--she immediately made the girl apologize and took her in the house. From the way the kid acted she either needed a nap or a spanking, but what do I know? My kids have four legs. Kinda felt bad for Sadie that her would-be friend instead wanted to hurl projectiles.

So we continue on, and a while later some dogs start barking at us from inside one of the houses. They were something that looked kinda poodle-riffic, white curly things of some kind and I swear, one of 'em had pink spots. Really! That was the something strange in the neighborhood part of the walk. We were heading home when we came up to a couple of tween girls who were very nice and totally happy to pet Sadie and Vader nicely, no one threw anything so Sadie was really happy. Then we'd just gotten to my front yard and I'd taken off the leashes when I heard a girl holler at her dog so I turned around. This little Yorkie was running pell-mell for us across the street and almost got hit by a car. Luckily he made it safely and I grabbed him until the girl could get there. I think she said his name was Mr. Smith which seems kinda strange for a dog...

I know you want to see my kids so here they are!

There's Vader riding in the car, he's always such a good sport about that. And then here's Sadie plotting mayhem, which is what she does best. Her tongue has black spots because she's part Chow; Vader's part German Shepherd but doesn't look it. Sadie doesn't usually have a Got Milk? mustache, she was just kinda slobbery when we took the picture :-) Vader really does have a little white goatee, though.
























And here's a pink hibiscus I took a picture of last month at the marina. I'll share some more marina pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I LOVE the faces on your kids... My kids (human? well most of the time, maybe alien when you wake them up) keep bugging us for a LAB.