Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Age of Aquarium!

"Age of Aquarius" sounds much better...amazing what a difference a letter can make. So, on Saturday, Lee and I ventured up to Nago to visit the Churaumi Aquarium, the second-largest aquarium in the world. Not bad for a teeny island in the middle of nowhere. I've been wanting to post these pics for the last couple days, but I've had a headache that just wouldn't leave me alone, so it had to wait till now.


There's my honey out front of the aquarium. It's a really nice place, they've done an excellent job on it. Great landscaping around the outside, too. In fact, driving in Nago is kind of like being at Disneyland, you know how they have flowers everywhere and all the flowerbeds are perfect? Whole town's like that. Down here where we are it's not so nice.


They had these flower sculptures I guess you'd call 'em all over the place around the aquarium and even for a few kilometers out in town as advertising. Actually there's a lot more to do in this area than just the aquarium, but that's all we hit on Saturday. We'll have to go back some other time to check out what else is available. Anyway, on the way out of town we saw one of these flower sculptures that was one of those fish that Gill is on "Finding Nemo", I forget what it's called right now...but Crush the Sea Turtle was right outside the building.

And there's a view of the ocean from just outside the aquarium. They have a bunch of sea turtle tanks out here and this is the view from right next to the turtle habitat. 'Nother post with more pics in a minute.

2 comments:

lizguidry said...

I am sooo jealous of your trip to the awesome aquarium. You are truely lucky! Autumn would have LOVED that.

lizguidry said...

P.S. Thanks a bunch for getting that song stuck in my head, especially when I'm about to go to bed!