Wednesday, March 19, 2008

California Dreamin'


Not really much of a lyrically correct winter's day here, but the stamp set I used on this card does always remind me of California. My parents grew up in the little town of Porterville which is surrounded by orange groves as well as a variety of other crops, and this stamp looks like some of the fruit crate labels you can find on eBay (really, search for "fruit crate label" or "Porterville" on eBay and see what comes up). This is my card for this week's sketch challenge (all stamps and supplies by Stampin' Up!)

I really do like Porterville. I was sad to realize after my grandmother's funeral that I won't really have too much of a reason to go back there, unless I want to take Lee there sometime. We should have gone when we went to Disneyland a couple of years ago but I didn't take the opportunity; we stayed in the L.A. area. Maybe we'll get another chance someday; I'd hate to not go back ever. It's a neat little town.

2 comments:

lizguidry said...

You guys should come back for a trip to Disneyland and we could meet up with you! I love your card. I have that stamp set and I have NEVER used it yet. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

acreativeneed said...

So sweet! You really should make a point of going back someday!

Deena