Monday, March 3, 2008

Conehead

Have you ever seen a sadder-looking dog?


My poor little man. Vader did something to his right hind foot this weekend and has been worrying at it constantly, so we took him to the vet this morning. He's been messing with it so much it can't heal properly, so they gave us this delightful fashion accessory and told us to put some liquid bandages on his foot to seal it. Man, did I feel terrible when we put the cone on him, the poor little dog! We put the liquid bandage stuff on (that stuff STINKS to high heaven!), waited for it to dry, and then wrapped some gauze and stuff around his foot to keep him from getting at it and to make sure it didn't get dirty. I just felt too bad looking at him with this thing on, we had to take it off. He was so pathetic. I'm sure Sadie is going to make fun of him, but we can always put the thing on her if she gets out of hand....{insert evil chuckle} Hope Vader's foot heals soon.

Just so you know, my dad is the evil person who insisted we take pictures of Vader with his cone on. I'm not going to make him wear it if I can help it.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Awww...he does look sad! Poor Vaders! I have identical pictures of both my dogs with the cone too, i think they put on a show when they have that thing on, "whoa is me" "my human is so mean to me!" Hahaha, I hadda take them off my dogs too, couldn't stand it! It was pretty funny watching them try to drink water wtiht that thing on though, lmbo! We're so evil!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just found your blog through SCS and thought I would "peek". Scrolled down and saw your pathetically adorable Vader pic... I think I could challenge you in the saddest dog picture challenge- after my Stella got attacked by a beaver (yes, I know sounds like the start to a really bad joke...).
Anyway the reason for me leaving this comment is to give you a suggestion for foot coverings- I can't really tell how big Vader is, but we used baby socks taped on her paws. Will cover up bandages, and keep them in place with a little tape around the top...
Good Luck! (to you too Vader!)
Diane Cooper
Toronto, On
(diane7 on SCS)

Jean said...

Oh so sad, but so cute at the same time. Hope Vader is healed and has this thing off his head by now... Great Blog, love checking it out my younger sister was over there for a year and loved it.