Tuesday, March 11, 2008

So, Where Have I Been?

This is gonna be a crazy week. Lee is working nights this week, so I've been staying up some crazy hours with him...it's 1:41 a.m. right now and here I sit at the computer :) Lee was on call all weekend so we couldn't really go anywhere or do anything, and he was on the computer a lot so I couldn't blog. I mean, we do have a laptop, but the laptop knows we're in Japan and all the bloggy buttons are in Japanese and my Japanese just isn't that good, especially *written* Japanese. I don't know how we got the main computer to speak English again. So instead of spending massive amounts of time on Splitcoast and writing to you, my loyal three readers, I've been spending massive amounts of time watching Veronica Mars. I'm halfway through season two and I started with the beginning of season one last week. But Lee's at work right now so I just got to use the computer to talk to a very nice lady in Utah about some Stampin' Up stuff. She seemed tickled to be talking to someone in Japan :) Technology!! It's just so cool (when it works).

I am sooooo happy to report that we have a fence. Well, we're going to buy the fence of the people across the way from us as they're going to move at the end of the month. The lady (who came over and talked to us once but I haven't seen her since) knocked on our door last night and offered it to us for $100 and we immediately said YES. Now we just need that stupid fence paperwork to get done, since half the agencies that have to sign off on it are staring idly into space rather than actually *working* on anything. Kinda sad to lose these neighbors, the lady seemed pretty cool when she introduced herself the first time. I have a sneaking suspicion that the mean old codgers at the end of my building drove them away. No, really. We heard things from some other neighbors...I hope I'm never so mean and crotchety that all the neighbors feel the need to warn any newcomers about me, because that's what happened when we moved here--we were warned about this couple by three separate sources. They're just plain MEAN.

Thank you to Diane who suggested the baby socks to put on Vader's feet...luckily we won't need to. He got to wear some of my old socks for a few days and we did have to resort to putting the lampshade thing on him for a while, but he's finally healing now and has quit messing with that foot. He was so pitiful when we put that lampshade on him so I'm glad that it's over. But we're gonna keep it in case Sadie gets out of line.....hehehehehe. Evil laugh. Ok, I love Sadie to itty-bitty fuzzy bits, but she's kind of a punk. You'd know what I mean if you met her. Vader is the sweetheart, you feel bad for hassling him. Sadie...well, she just deserves to get hassled sometimes.

3 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

Make that 4 readers! LOL

Phyllis said...

faithful 3 readers? I read your blog all the time, I think its cool and I like what you write about living in another country. Great cards too by the way.

faithful reader in Roseville, California

Amber said...

Oh yeah! I'm so glad you finally got a fence! Now for that darn paperwork to get signed, what a pain that must be! Here's hoping it'll get done soon!
If you're kids want some play time, you can bring them over this weekend and let them run around our backyard with our pups:) That would be fun, then we could stamp:D