Monday, March 3, 2008

There She Was, Just a-Walkin' Down the Street

Singing "Doo wah diddy diddy dum diddy doo!" in the goofiest outfit possible. For reals.

Sadie was driving me just a little bit crazy this morning. We haven't been able to go out walking as much since Vader hurt his foot, so she's got a lot of pent-up energy, and she just wouldn't leave me alone this morning so finally I grabbed a leash and hustled her out the door to go for a quick walk. Didn't even think about what I was wearing till I was already out there, and then I just shrugged and walked anyway. So, do you wanna hear about the goofiest outfit possible? Here it is (no picture, sorry, you'll have to use your imagination)

* Baggy gray pajama pants with red Eiffel Towers on them, that say "I See London, I See France" all over

* Bright red shirt which bears the legend "MADE IN JAPAN" in gigundor white letters. I was looking for a red shirt to match my pajama pants, even though I wasn't planning on going anywhere. Is it stupid to color-coordinate in that situation?

* A black sweater-coat that at least covered up most of my shirt so all you could see was DE and P.

Yep, that's my international outfit of mystery, the mystery being why I would ever wear such a thing where anyone else could see me. Why, you ask, do I have a Made in Japan shirt? My parents' idea of a joke...they lived on Okinawa from 1977 to November of 1979. I was born in January of 1980, so you do the math. I used to have a shirt that said that when I was a toddler, and so they decided last Christmas that I needed to have a new one since I was moving here. Lee has a bright blue one that says "MADE IN AMERICA" in the same gigundor white letters, but he's more easy to embarrass sartorially speaking so he won't wear it. Which is kinda funny because he doesn't have a whole lot of fashion sense anyway. No offense, honey. I'm just glad he likes that I'm goofy.

And I'm laughing at myself for wearing that out in public. It's good to laugh at yourself periodically.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Christy this is too funny! How funny your parents got you that shirt, very fitting! They sound like my kinda people and right around my age group..... :[ I graduated HS in '78. As far as the outfit goes if you got it flaunt it girl!