Friday, March 21, 2008

White & Nerdy?

Hah, I referenced a Weird Al song in my blog post title. Hehe! Girls who read a lot are generally considered nerdy, right? I always was and still am...both an avid reader and called nerdy. Anyway, Thursday's challenge on Splitcoast was to make a card using tags in some fashion, so here's what I came up with:


Bookwormabella is on one big tag that can be removed from the card and used as a bookmark.


Like this. Bella and Sentiment are from Stamping Bella; all other supplies by Stampin' Up! I'm still working on the sketch and color challenges, so this is Sketch Challenge #6 and one of the 12 challenges that made up Color Challenge #52 (please never let that happen again, some of the combinations are just plain weird!!) I folded the ribbon in half and adhered it to the navy cardstock, and then I put the Bella on top so the ribbon is sandwiched in the middle. It seemed appropriate to make this Bella and quote into a bookmark. I lucked out, if the bookmark was any bigger it wouldn't have fit on a standard-size card; as it is, the ribbon pokes over the top a bit.

This card makes me think of my sister-in-law, Adrienne...so watch your mail, missy.

3 comments:

adifrog said...

Yea--I will! :) I actually read two books in the last two weeks. (Guess I'm trying to cram them in before school starts in the summer? Maybe it's more like I'm avoiding studying for the GMAT...)

We spent some time with Natalie Gary today, and she asked about you. She was surprised to hear where you were, as we gave her the update. She's excited for you!

LeAnne said...

This is very cute! What a great idea!
LeAnne

Alicia said...

What a cute idea with the bookmark. Thanks for sharing.