Saturday, April 19, 2008

Fabric Inspiration

Man, I am in a chatariffic mood today, this is my third blog post in the last 8 hours! Anyway, after we got home from the spring bazaar, I saw the inspiration challenge on Splitcoast. One of the inspiration pictures was this:

See the stripey pattern, the fifth one down? That's what I used for my inspiration. The colors kind of reminded me of this Cuppacakeabella image that I stamped and colored when I was at Amber's house a few weeks ago, so I thought I'd make a striped background for my card and use that image. Here's my card:


The colors are totally off, I think I might have to try to take the picture again tomorrow when it's light out. To do the stripes, I put some drops of Marigold Morning and Cool Caribbean ink refills in a plastic palette, and then used a blender pen dipped in the ink to make an instant marker. I just used my regular Pretty in Pink marker and drew on stripes in all three colors. I wasn't at all trying to get them to be straight, I wanted the whimsy of crooked stripes.

The image was colored in with Prismacolor pencils, and I could wish that the pencil I chose matched better with the Marigold Morning cardstock. I used the one that's supposed to coordinate with Apricot Appeal which is really similar to Marigold Morning. Ah well, I suppose the way it is it looks like it's just a lighter shade of the cardstock.

Lee just called me for dinner, so I'd best get downstairs to go eat. Mwah to the Bella-lovin' sistahs who read this blog!

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

SO CUTE!!! I just love it -- the colors and everything. Hey, I went to Michael's today and thought of you. Hadn't been there in so long . . . but they have all sorts of decorative things on the shelves now. I even bought one -- yep, it's ONLY MONEY, which I should be saving for our trip to OKINAWA!!! I can't wait -- love you, Mom

Joan said...

Awesome job with this challenge. I haven't tackled it yet. Joan