Thursday, April 10, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

Thought I'd split today's post into two so it didn't look so long...I know I'm a little wordy :) I've been tagged by Deena at A Necessary Creativity so now I have to divulge seven random facts about myself. And since, as I said in the last post, I don't hop on other people's blogs on a regular basis, I shall refrain from tagging anyone else. But here's my seven facts:

1. I have eleven toes. I'm so just kidding! Hehehe. Ok, how about this? My blog name, Snapdragon, is all thanks to my high school band director. When I was a senior, besides being obsessed with music he was obsessed with his garden, and he'd compare us to plants. I got compared to a snapdragon, which was actually a lot better than some of the other comparisons (skunk cabbage, anyone?) Anyhow, I liked it, so I've used it for screen names and such since then.

2. I am more than a teensy bit AR...all of our DVDs and CDs are arranged in alphabetical order. No, really, they are. I also have a list of all the stamp sets I own and how many times I've used them for cards that I've posted on Splitcoast...then I know if I got my money's worth out of the stamp set. Yes, I realize that this passes beyond "slightly AR" and into the territory of strange and disturbing behavior.

3. My mom taught me how to cross stitch when I was about eight so that I would stop complaining of boredom all summer long when I wasn't in school. It's strange to think I've been doing *anything* for twenty years...other than things like breathing. Hah! I even made cross stitched presents for my bridesmaids when I got married, and each one was different.

4. Despite the fact that I am not interested in having kids at this point in my life (and why everyone is so interested in my procreation plans or lack thereof is beyond me) I have a rather large and extensive collection of Disney movies and assorted other kid-friendly movies. My three favorite Disney cartoons are Sleeping Beauty, Mulan, and Robin Hood. And I watched Beauty and the Beast last night--the commentary on that movie is hilarious!

5. I took bellydancing classes for more than a year when I lived in Texas and absolutely *loved* them. I'm not sure what made me want to do that, but it was soooo much fun! What's not to love about swirly skirts and sparkly hip scarves that jingle when you move? I know that they have bellydancing classes here on Okinawa so I need to go find out when and where so I can get back into it. I also want to learn how to hula; maybe the dance classes will help with my innate klutziness.

6. I am a sci-fi nerd. I have actually been to a Star Trek convention, but I did *not* go in costume; I got to meet Marina Sirtis (Counselor Troi) and Majel Barrett (who played Troi's mom and did the computer voice, there was an episode where she as Mrs. Troi talked to herself as the computer voice....ok, I'm such a nerd!!). I like Star Trek: The Next Generation but my hands-down favorite is the original Star Wars trilogy. I own all the soundtracks and I have the movies in two versions on VHS and another two on DVD. I don't have Episodes I or II on DVD yet, I'm holding out for the boxed set. C'mon George, where's the boxed set? And did you hear that they're going to make a new animated movie and cartoon series set in the Star Wars universe? Here's hoping the dialog is better than it was in Episode III...

7. I really, really, REALLY wanted to use the Imperial March from the Star Wars movies as the processional at my wedding. You know the Darth Vader theme that goes dum, dum, dum, dum da dum dum da dum...my mother wouldn't let me. I told Lee that for our 10th anniversary we're going to get remarried in Vegas and I'm going to have that music as my processional. And Elvis is gonna do the ceremony, because if you get married in Vegas it's like a law that Elvis has to do the ceremony. Oh, guess what song just came up on my iPod!!!

So, do you now know more about me than you ever wanted to? -wink-

3 comments:

acreativeneed said...

O.k you are a bit of a kook!:) lol My kids would love to go to your Imperial march wedding...not to mention my husband and o.k I admit it I love the movies too. Speaking of movies, I have always thought it was cool that your blurp at the end of your name/comments on SCS is from The Princess Bride! That movie is way up there on my faves! Thanks for playing!
Deena

lizguidry said...

I must be used to your 'weirdness' b/c I already knew all those factoids and I still think you are awesome. :) Bobby of course think you would be a perfect wife since you love sci-fi and starwars as much as he does (watch out Lee - haha - j/k).
Miss you!
Liz

Crafty Math Chick said...

We have a lot in common - I wish we lived closer! So I don't see you as weird at all! I too have no wish to have children right now, nor do I understand others' obsession with this (believe it or not, someone asked me less than an hour after our vows when we were going to start having children). I too am a really big clutz and love sci-fi - though I am more of a Star Wars baby than Trek.

(If you haven't seen Triumph the Insult Dog (from Conan O'Brien) insulting the people visiting the opening of SW in costume you can watch it from the net. I have watched it so many times and STILL crack up when I watch it!

Happy Weekend!

~Meredith