Thursday, April 3, 2008

Yep, That's My Girl

My little girl Sadie (aka Miss Bee) likes to get into things. Now, really, she's usually a pretty well-behaved dog, but occasionally....

I caught her doing this a few months after we got her, she's just going to town on the TP in the guest bathroom. The funny thing was, she *knew* she shouldn't be doing it since she gave me the biggest "I'm so busted" look when I first caught her.


Then she decided that chewing up the TP was enough fun that she'd rather just get in trouble than stop, so she went back at it!


I was laughing so hard I'm amazed I could find the camera to take these pictures. This is the only time Sadie has ever done this--she's smart enough she doesn't try the same trick twice :) My mom tells me that when I was a toddler, she came into the bathroom to find me perched on the toilet with a huge box of pink Kleenex in my hands. It had been full when I found it, but by the time Mom caught up with me, it was mostly in pink Kleenex drifts all around the toilet. So I guess Sadie comes by this hobby honestly :) Anyway, it was Sadie's fun with the TP that prompted me to buy this stamp from Whipper Snapper, and here's the first card I've made with it:


Isn't that the funniest stamp ever? I cut out several parts of the TP, including the two rolls and the bit on top of the puppy's head, and put them up on pop dots so they stick up a bit for dimension, wish you could see that in the photo. The inside says "Trouble has a way of finding me." Yep, that's my girl! I made this puppy yellow instead of black like Miss Bee because it's hard to color in a black dog...plus this way I knocked out another color challenge :)

9 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Hey Christy! what a fun card and story! I can just see your puppy in action! Love this stamp and you colored it wonderfully!

Im really intrigued that you are living in Okinawa - that must be quite an experience - do they have rubber stamps there??!!

artystamper
www.createwithjulia.blogspot.com

Shannan Teubner said...

OMG That's hilarious! I love your card!

Julia Aston said...

Hi again! check out my blog - I just awarded you the Arte y Pico awarc!

http://createwithjulia.blogspot.com/2008/04/i-received-arte-y-pico-art-more-award.html

www.createwithjulia.blogspot.com

Corie said...

This is FANTASTIC -- Love this, made me laugh.

Julie said...

Hello!

I just came across your blog on Splitcoast. I was in the Bella forum. :) Your blog is awesome, and your pupper is so cute. :) Hope your having fun in Japan. ~Julie

acreativeneed said...

So cute! Your blog is always so interesting Christy! Thanks for sharing so much about your life in Japan!
TAG YOU'RE IT! check out my blog for info!
Deena (moonrise)

Joan and Amy said...

This is wonderfully cute....goes so well with your photos!!! Joan

specialcraftmom4 said...

That is soooooooo Cute!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Totally adorable card Christy! (I think I need that stamp now). Thank you for sharing your art with us.

~Meredith
(Crafty Math Chick @SCS)