Friday, May 2, 2008

Maternity Island

My mother was right, this place is Maternity Island. So far today, I've been up to the gym for a 1-hour step aerobics class, and this afternoon I ran to the post office for just a minute. Just during those two trips, I saw three pregnant women, and one of those was the step instructor. Really, we see them everywhere we go! Much more so here than in the States, you'd think there was nothing else to do here ;) And this is just counting the obviously pregnant bellies we see, not the ones who aren't even showing yet. Crazy. Lee and I have taken to pretending like we're hosting an Animal Planet show and we're doing a commentary while watching the pregnant women in their natural habitat. Mostly it seems to be American women but I have seen a few Japanese ladies with these cute tiny pregnant bellies. (How can they be that thin and pregnant at the same time? It seems a contradiction of the laws of physics.)

Just in case it's in the water, I'm going to boil all the tap water before it comes in contact with any food I'm going to eat. I already drink bottled water and it says it's bottled in North America, so hopefully that's safe. Got to be careful in case it's a communicable disease...

4 comments:

Amber said...

LOL! Christy, I thought you had an announcement for us with the title of this post! I agree though, I'm drinkin bottled water while I'm here, haah! Watcha doin this weekend? I'm just hangin out, prolly stampin on Saturday and then I think Billy and I are gonna go to OkumaFest on Sunday...should be fun:)
Billy is going to the states on the 12th for a week, mebbe we should have a girls night, watch movies and stamp and order pizza! Sound like fun? Lee can come if he wants, but he has to give us lots of compliments on our wonderful creations, lmbo!

CCsMom said...

Hey, you didn't mention that YOU were made on Okinawa 29 years ago . . . so yeah, Maternity Island. Don't ever say you weren't warned . . .! Cracks me up. -- Mom

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

You are funny Christy!!!!
It sure is Maternity Island. I was never supposed to have my first daughter according to doctors. After that nothing happened for several years and as soon as we got on Okinawa, 4 years ago, well, within the first month, I got pregnant. And, get this I don't drink anyhting but bottled water. So, girl, watch out now.

katiesniche said...

They used to joke about it at Maranatha Church (outside Shields) not to drink the water, lol. But, I was able to hold off until I got back to the states, not for lack of trying, lol.