Saturday, May 3, 2008

Rodents of Unusual Size

"But Westley, what about the R.O.U.S.es?"
"Rodents of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist."

Yes, The Princess Brides is one of the best and most quotable movies ever. I just love it, and the book is great fun too. And speaking of R.O.U.S.es, I had a weird dream the other night...I dreamed that I saw a big fat R.O.U.S. eating grain or something with a pair of chopsticks. I tried to walk by him and for some reason he got mad at me so he THREW the chopsticks at me like daggers, pointy ends first. Then I tried to run away from him and he ran after me, picked up his chopsticks, and threw them at me again! I woke up right after that. Talk about a weird dream, man! I remembered it well enough I even told Lee about it when he got up to go to work. I bet he thought I was certifiably insane at that point...I think it's hilarious that even the animals in my dreams use chopsticks.

Last night I dreamed that I was in an episode of Bones (love that show) and that one of my fraternity brothers (one I don't like) was trying to shoot me. Good thing I know that she's not on the island...I don't know what is up with my overactive nighttime imagination.

7 comments:

Crafty Math Chick said...

They say pregnant women have strange dreams...

(JUST KIDDING!! Was eluding to your former post, LOL!)

My favorite quote from Princess Bride is "As you wiiiiiiiiiish" (as he was falling down the hill).

Hope you are having a happy weekend and have only GOOD dreams tonight, without anything throwing chopsticks at you.

~Meredith

Glenda J said...

Love that you quote Princess Bride - that show is a classic! I'm a big fan of Bones too.

Oh, there's something in the water here on the west coast of Canada too. Seems like everyone I know is pregnant or just had a baby.

Watch out for flying chopsticks.

Take care,
Glenda

Amber said...

lol Christy, you are so silly! I still think my fave quote from that movie is when they're on the boat and they're rhyming "no more rhymes now, I mean it!" "Anybody want a peanut?" Hahaha! Love it!

kaleidoscopeimpressions said...

Your Princess Bride caught my eye - I love that movie! Had to 'visit' and boy am I glad - you are a trip, I am so enjoying my visit!

CCsMom said...

Just got in from the A Team move into their new home. What a JOB!!! But they are so happy.

You are cracking me up -- pregnancy and nightmares. Hmmm, they seem to go hand-in-hand, you know. Ha! This is too much. I just love it.

Hope you had a great weekend. Getting ready to go to bed and get myself ready for yet another Monday. Oh me, where did the weekend go?

Love you, love you -- Mom

Melanie said...

hello. my name is Inugo Montoya. you keeled my father. Prepare to die.

Here in Austin, they actually have a theater Alamo Drafthouse (they serve food and drinks while you watch the movie) that has a yearly quotathon for Princess Bride, so people say the whole movie while it plays! Fun blog, I had to come click when I saw your quote and "cliffs of insanity".

Getfuzzyfan said...

Oh man, our family loves the Princess Bride. Your signature on SCS drew me here to the Cliffs of Insanity. Too funny.

I read some of your blogs...Sounds like we have the same taste in movies and music. Or the same manias I should say. : ) Star Wars is probably my all-time favorite set of movies; our 4 year old even loves it. He wears a Darth Vader costume around the house all the time. "Inconceivable..."