Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend

Y'know, I watched a lot of DVDs while working on this cancan dancer stitching project, but somehow I never got around to watching Moulin Rouge with Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman, even though this piece reminds me of that movie. So here's my progression through seasons 2 and 3 of Smallville, plus some random movies thrown in there.

Baby got back! :)


She's got legs! I think her hair and hat seemed to take the longest--a lot of color changes in a relatively small area.


Painting in the background...


And hey, lookie there, another stitching project finished :) Isn't she purdy?


I'm going to hold onto her until my parents come out here in September, and then I'll give her to my mom to take back to Texas and get her framed. She'll get to live with my parents for the next couple years until Lee and I return to the States, but she'll have the company of all my *other* stitched pieces that currently reside there. I didn't want to put any of them in storage or take them here with us since I didn't know how they'd do with the humidity, so my parents have them. How many "them"? Probably at least a half dozen framed stitching pieces that are mine...Mom has several more of her own, including a couple that I made for her. She's running out of wall space :) Well, I would be too if I had all mine hanging up.

I just got all my pictures today that I ordered from Winkflash. They look *fabulous*!! Even the ones I'm not in ;) No, really, the colors look great on them and I'm looking forward to starting my Japan and honeymoon scrapbooks. Yay!

4 comments:

CCsMom said...

YAY -- on finishing the project AND getting your photo order. Now get to work on that scrapbook, girl! Love ya -- Mom

lizguidry said...

I agree with your mom! hehe. I worked on some journaling from Autumn's 'first' scrapbook (by first I mean its filled to the brim, so I had to start a new one).

Great job on the cancan girl.

Amber said...

WOW! She turned out fabulous! I just can't believe you did all that in such a short time frame, you are one focused chic!
You wanna go to an art supply store with me tomorrow? I had a local national that works with me find one that has Copics and she found one right by Foster! I'm gonna go sometime tomorrow morning if you wanna go with me! Lemme know:)

Lynn said...

This is fabulous!!!
I used to do cross stitch a few years back and did it for years. I have several pieces, framed and matted, mostly fall themed.
This is very pretty, I know how long and how much work something like this is.