Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Other Glass Factory

This morning Lee and I took a trip down to the south end of the island to check out the *other* glass factory. This one is larger than the one we visited on the Tour of the North that we went on...the shop has all the same stuff as the smaller one plus more. I liked this wall display...


I kinda wish Lee had gotten up a little closer to take the picture but oh well, I should have asked him to do that while we were there so my fault. Here's a close-up of one of the vase/bouquets, they cost upwards of $100 apiece; I saw a really huge, elaborate one that had an $800 price tag. Only it was yen so it was like 80,000 yen.


I just loved these wacky shisa, their expressions are so funny to me.


They have a separate building that's got their clearance stuff, I guess that there are small imperfections in the pieces so they're cheaper. They still look just beautiful to me!


This is the outside of the building. The walls are covered with a mosaic, but the "tiles" aren't tile at all, they're pieces of colored glass.


A closer shot of a mosaic on the side of the building.


And here's the big shisa that's guarding the entrance to the glass factory :) We didn't take a picture of his female counterpart.


Hey Mom, is *this* the Japan shirt you were talking about? Why didn't you just say so? Bwahahahaaa!


Oh yeah, I got my hair cut, too. It keeps getting shorter every time I go...by December I'll be having them give me buzz cuts!

2 comments:

Amber said...

DUDE! Your haircut is sooo cute! Love the shirt too, bwahahah!

lizguidry said...

Christy - you look so nice in that picture! Red is def. your color ;)