Sunday, July 13, 2008

When Geckos ATTACK!

Yep, I've been attacked by a gecko. This is something that they conveniently left out of all those Geico commercials...

It's just about bedtime here on Okinawa, so I thought I'd let the doglets out one last time. I opened the back door and stepped outside with them when suddenly I was dive-bombed by a kamikaze gecko!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Then of course Lee starts hollering from upstairs wanting to know what's going on (but did he bother to run downstairs and fend off my attacker? Nooooo!), and the kamikaze gecko called off the attack and scurried away. The doglets were no help, they watched the kamikaze go scurrying up the wall with one of his gecko buddies and they didn't even manage to scare the tail off him (although it was a baby tail so apparently this gecko has had his tail scared off sometime recently).

When my parental units were living on Okinawa way back in the dark ages before Al Gore invented the Internet (thanks, Al), the first time Mom saw a gecko was when one fell on her head. At least my kamikaze attacker fell on my shoulder, which is slightly less freak-out-inducing than if he'd landed on my head. Still, I think I need to post a sign...

Beware of Falling Geckos.

4 comments:

The Henry Crew! said...

Oh geez... i will definitely NOT pass along that story to our friends who are moving to Japan shortly! :-)

Amber said...

hahaha! That's hilarious, I'm watchin out for those bad boys! We have one living in our BBQ grill, everytime I let the dogs out I can hear him laughing at us! They're evil little things, huh?

Giffysk8s said...

TOO FUNNY! I am guessing the geckos in Japan don't speak with an Australian accent like the NICE one in the Geico commercials!

llevans said...

You are too funny girl! I told you that you would be good at this blogging thing!