Tuesday, September 9, 2008

It Just Figures....

So you've probably figured out that my parents are going to be visiting us on Okinawa soon, right? They're supposed to land late Saturday night. Guess what's supposed to land on Saturday morning?

Our first typhoon.

It just figures!! I was kidding around about that a few months ago, I told my dad "Wouldn't it be funny if we had a typhoon while you guys were here?" Me and my big mouth!! We'll just have to see what happens later this week though, maybe if we pray hard enough the typhoon will change course and go hang out in the middle of the Pacific...I do feel like going through a typhoon is a quintessential part of the Okinawa experience, but couldn't it have waited a couple weeks? Or gotten here a little sooner so as not to interrupt my plans? :p

2 comments:

Giffysk8s said...

Keep us posted on the typhoon. Maybe it's track will change. The hurricanes hitting the US keep changing track, so ya never know. Sounds like you guys really need the water, though.

Liz Guidry said...

I will pray for the weather to change!! It looks like Ike has changed it's course to Texas, so maybe the same will happen for you!!