Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Stampers that Ate Seattle

OK, so we're technically not *in* Seattle, we're south of it, but I definitely feel like we've been eating our way through the state of Washington for the last week and a half :) Ever seen the game Hungry Hungry Hippos? That's me! On Saturday, Amber and I drove up to the Southcenter Mall about 30 miles from where we've been staying, and we met my Uncle Barry and Aunt LeeAnne for lunch at the Rainforest Cafe:


I hope the color on these pictures looks right to everyone out there in Cyber Land, it looks weird on my laptop screen but that just might be my computer. Anyway, I've never eaten at Rainforest before...we have one in Texas but it's always so crowded that we've never gone in. Pretty cool place though, we had fun watching the animatronic elephants, monkeys, and butterflies, not to mention the aquariums (but the fish were real, not animatronic). Pretty good food and Uncle Barry forced us at fork-point to get dessert too...Amber and I split a piece of Chocolate Diablo cake and still couldn't finish it between the two of us. So here's us...


I know, I'm going to get a lot of grief from Liz that I've got more pictures of me with Amber than I do of her with me, but if she'd actually been in Washington like she was *supposed* to be then I would have had a zillion pictures taken of us together! :p Anyway, today Amber and I met up with some of her PSF's (pretend stamping friends) and had lunch at TGI Friday's and went to a big Ben Franklin store together. So here's the whole group at Friday's:


That's me, Amber, Linsey, Maren, and AJ. Amber and the other three are all on the Unity Stamps design team together so I'm the only schlub who doesn't design for anyone :p We had a good time just chatting and then shopping at the Ben Franklin...I behaved myself very well (you better be proud of me, Lee!) and only bought one little acrylic stamp set of Disney princesses to use in my scrapbooks. But then Amber and I went to Michael's afterwards and I finally caved...don't look, Lee!!


Primas. They were calling my name...super cute paper flowers to use on cards and scrapbook pages. They were ON SALE, which are the two magic words when it comes to shopping! And those little glass bottles are just so darling...but hey, this is the most I've splurged since we got here. I should get some kind of award or something, I've been nigh *saintly* in my refusal to go on a big shopping spree. That and I wouldn't be able to fit a lot in my suitcases to take back to Okinawa...but I could have shipped stuff if I wanted to, so yeah, nominate me for sainthood already! :D

I talked to Lee again yesterday and got to talk to Vader, who I now know really does miss me...Little Man kept looking around for me everywhere while I talked to him and when he couldn't find me he just went under the desk and whined. At least one of my kids misses me! Sadie could care less if I'm talking to her on the computer. Much as I've enjoyed being back in the States for a while, I am really looking forward to being back in Okinawa with Lee and my kiddos! Can't wait to see them on Wednesday.

I almost forgot, here's the score:
Target: 7
Barnes & Noble: 6
Panera Bread: 4 (but they were out of the sourdough bread bowls *twice*!)
Michael's: 4
Malls: 2 different ones!
One trip each: Half-Price Books, Impress Rubber Stamps, Applebee's, IHOP (jealous, Missy?), TGI Friday's, Olive Garden, two different Mexican restaurants...I forget where else we've eaten!

12 comments:

Amber said...

Lee, for the record, Christy really HAS been extremely good:) She's a rock, I tried to get her to spend money but she's unbreakable! She deserves a trip to Tokyo:)

Lee said...

Christy's a rock!!! That's what everyone says to me all the time. Wow, now we are like 2 rock peas in a pod.

She was getting a trip to Tokyo anyways but I might have something else in mind to show my appreciation.

LOL in advance, wouldn't you all like to know. I'll never tell, NEVER!!!!!!!!

Lee said...

N E V E R !!!!!!!!!!!!

Giffysk8s said...

Aww....come on and tell, Lee!

You two like you've had quite the adventure! I was disappointed not to see anymore scooter pics. :)

Christy~you actually didn't bring a suitcase with spare room for shopping? Shocking! LOL Can't wait to see what you make with your flowers. Glad you got to see your aunt and uncle. Did you two ever meet up with Sparkle? I am glad you are almost heading home. I moved to CO for 2 months to take care of my DH when she was pregnant and bed-ridden. I was happy to care for her, but I sure did miss Rick, my goys (the human ones) and my boys (the doglet ones). I am sure you will have quite the reunion--after Lee checks your luggage for secret hidden shopping compartments. :)

Amber, I've had 17--yup 17--surgeries, and I have NEVER looked that good after any of them! You are gorgeous, girl!

Safe travels to both of you!

Giffysk8s said...

I meant boys~have no idea what goys are. :)

Giffysk8s said...

Duh...took care of my DD~my DH has never been pregnant! I'd better go have my morning coffee before I post anything else! LOL

Amber said...

LOL Lee, you so silly:) You can tell us! Or maybe it's best you didn't;)

Vicki, 17???How did you do it? This is my 5th and I'm just gonna cut the next limb off before I have it surgered on, bwahaha!

Linsey said...

LOL! Aha! Now I see how you restrained yourself at BF's--Michaels was coming up next! :) Your goodies look like such fun and you are no schlub, girl!!! You are awesomely talented and totally inspiring, so hush up! hehe! It was super fun meeting you and Amber and I had a blast! Oh boy--now the long trip back to Oki, fun...not! :) hugs, my new buddy! xoxo

CCsMom said...

Hi, Kik! I was excited to see the pic of you and the aunt and uncle. So glad you got to spend some time with them. Doesn't happen very often. And it sounds like Lee has missed you, too! Christy is quite something, Lee, if I do say so myself! I think I can take some credit in that.

Hey, on the way home, I saw some CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS going up on the entrance to a nice neighborhood -- and so it begins. Oh my goodness. It was rather cool today and we had a storm rumbling through -- rain and stuff. I think we're starting to get into the season, at least just a little bit.

I'll be anxious to hear your thoughts on Okinawa through the holidays.

Oh yeah, Christy -- and you were complaining about Dad doing his Okinawa trip by way of the next restaurant we'd go to -- look at you, girl!!! Hey, food IS important. Too bad it left a significant impact on my thighs -- what a souvenir I have. Ha! Love ya mucho! Mom

AJ said...

SOOOOO nice to meet you Christy!!!
hope you are traveling home safely!!!

Liz Guidry said...

Ok - so how was I supposed to know that Amber was going to get ankle surgery in Seattle and to stay home?!?!?!? Grrr!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Hi Christy,

Glad you and Amber are having some fun during her recovery. Now I am in the mood for one of those bread bowls... I think you need a BBQ place to round out your list...

Not to be an enabler, but, isn't the Amuse store in Seattle...?

Enjoy and have a safe trip back!

~Meredith