Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Christmas Party and Some Photos

I'm so glad that Sadie and Vader let me sleep in today...I was exhausted after last week and I didn't even get to kick back and relax over the weekend. I had class both Saturday and Sunday plus the final exam, then Saturday night was a Christmas party and we went to pick up Amber at the airport in Naha. At least this week doesn't look *quite* as busy as last week was. So here's a few pictures from the Christmas party:


There's us with Dean and Jamie. I didn't originally intend to dress like Lee's girly twin but it just kind of happened...I do like that red top though, I got it last year and didn't have a chance to wear it till now. Anyway, Dean and Jamie arrived on Okinawa just about two weeks after we did and we've all become friends. They came over to our house with their black Lab, Raven, for Thanksgiving this year.


There's me and Arrie, someone else I've become friends with over the past year. Arrie and her hubby Josh...


only have about six more months left on the island, whereas we have two years. Josh goes scuba diving with Lee on a pretty regular basis but now that it's gotten a bit cooler, Lee needs to get a new thicker wetsuit so he doesn't freeze the next time he goes out. Still hoping that Lee will be able to get some good underwater photos for me to share at some point.

Lee was just as busy as I was last week, and he spent some time on one of the little islands near Okinawa (I don't recall the name). He took the camera along and got a couple of pretty neat pictures.


This last one is my favorite I think. Lee tweaked it a little bit in Photoshop and I really like how it turned out.


So that's it for now...I've still got a mile-long list of things to do for this week, some of which involves getting ready to go to Tokyo before Christmas :) So I'd better hop to it!

5 comments:

Liz Guidry said...

You guys look sooo great! I am diggin' your hair. Wish I could be there to party with you guys.

Miss you!

Amber said...

Purdy pictures! They turned out really nice! I totally dig your hair too:)
Got the pups an appt for wednesday here on base, Noah's wasn't oppen today so I went to check the vet clinic here. She could tell how upset I was over my dogs so I think she snuck me in where there wasn't originally an appt, isn't that awesome? I was surprised! And the doc said she's see them both instead of the one the appt was for. Coolness:)

Giffysk8s said...

Great photos, Christy! And just FYI: your new do looks just as good as it did when the stylist did it!

Worm's Woman said...

And like everyone else, I think your hair looks fab! Hope you rest soon.

CCsMom said...

Wow, what good-lookin' kids I have. I can't believe it. Isn't the scenery just the best? I am still pinching myself that we got over there to see you plus see Okinawa again. Just too cool for words.

Talk attcha soon! Mom