Saturday, January 3, 2009

Cruisin' Around Tokyo Bay

I'm singing my blog post title to myself to the tune of "Sittin' on the Dock o' the Bay." Now that song is stuck in my head...

Anyway, I'm back to posting some pictures from our trip up to the Tokyo area. After we walked around Chinatown for a couple of hours, the tour group got to go on a one-hour cruise around Tokyo Bay. We had some really pretty weather for it, and it was pretty nice to just sit down for an hour and watch the scenery go by since we'd done so much walking already.


The Tokyo skyline...love the clouds in this picture.


There's another ship that does the cruises around the bay.


I think this might be the Rainbow Bridge? Seems like we drove over it on our way to the Chinatown area. The boardwalk and everything where the cruise departs from is only about a block away from the entrance to Chinatown.


Photographic proof Lee was there :)


And hey, I was too! I'll post the last few pictures from our trip sometime in the next couple of days, there are a few neat ones left.

I've done four pages for my scrapbook so far this month, so yay me :) I've been trying to upload some more photos to Winkflash but their system is really bogged down right now, I guess everyone is trying to do Christmas pictures. I'll just have to try it Monday afternoon my time so most of America is asleep, wonder if it'll be any better then. I'm getting close to the point where I'll need more pics before I can scrapbook too much more. I've come to the conclusion that the scrapbook pages from my parents' 10-day trip out here in September will have to go in their own album since it'll probably end up being about 30 scrapbook pages by itself. I'm hoping I can fit in all the rest of our 2008 pictures into the one album I've already started, and I've noticed how much it helps to have blog posts about the pictures so I can refresh my memory as to what happened. So I'm going to try to keep this updated as much as possible especially when I have new pictures to share.

I'll be back in a day or two to share the last of the Tokyo pics.

4 comments:

Liz Guidry said...

grrr! I posted a comment on your blog earlier and it didn't post - it's like it dissapeared!

Anyways, I said that I you look like a model in the picture and I want a copy.

Good job on your most recent LO. Saw it and it is FAB.

Amber said...

Oooo, a cruise! I wanna go! I bet it was beautiful cruisin around seeing the Tokyo skyline:) The pics of you and Lee are cute too:D 4 pages? DANG! Are they double page layouts? You rock my friend. I've done two and that's pretty much more than I did all of 2008, bwahaha! I'm set until 2010:D

CCsMom said...

So I've seen this post, too . . . trying to keep up.

Back to work in the a.m. -- YUK. I've enjoyed this time off just too much.

I'll let you know how Adrienne is doing when I hear. Love ya! - Mom

Annie's Pantry said...

LOve all the photos... Looks like you are having a great time! TFS...