Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bedraggled

I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I am a total sucker for puppy dog eyes. So, even though it's raining, I took my two puppies out for a walk today. Ironically, Sadie *hates* to go out in the backyard when it's wet out, but she doesn't mind rain at all if we're going for a walk. It was only sprinkling when we left the house, but we got rained on pretty steadily by the time we were midway through our normal route. The things I do for my kids.

I did get to wear my oh-so-stylish and uber-cool plastic poncho, though. That was fun.

So here's the kids after our walk; I kinda wish you could tell just how wet and bedraggled they really looked but it's sometimes hard to photograph mostly-black dogs. (Sadie is getting more and more brown on her sides and Vader isn't pure black either.)

Yeah, sure, *now* she looks pathetic but she was having a grand ol' time on our walk!

Usually it's Sadie who can't hold still for everything, but today Vader just was not in the mood for a photo shoot. I got a couple pictures of his tail as he was walking away...

And then this one, which really makes me laugh. Sometimes if I fall asleep on the couch I wake up to this view, it's a little bit alarming when you're just waking up, lol!

Anyway, you can probably tell there's not a whole lot going on around here at the moment. Since the weather has been so icky we haven't been able to go back to get more pictures of the cherry blossoms, and a lot of the blossoms are gone already. I've been working all this week on some projects but it seems like I don't have a lot to show for my efforts...I'm going to work on a couple of scrapbook pages this afternoon though, hoping to get some done. My third class ends next week too so it's time to register for the next round; I'm going to double up this time so I can finish a bit faster and not be doing my comprehensive exam when we're trying to pack up to move back to the States at the end of next year.

Yep, we've got just 2009 and 2010 on the island and then it's back to the US. Lee and I keep talking about certain events and saying, "If we don't do it this year then we only have ONE more chance!" Like the dragon boat races (which I think we'll miss this year, I think Lee will be back in the States when those happen) and the Naha tug o' war with the world's largest rope made of natural materials. That's a limited amount of time to do the traveling we want to do too; I think we're going to try to go to Kyoto after Lee's trip to the States. We'll see what happens. For now, I'm going to go try to accomplish something crafty.

4 comments:

CCsMom said...

OK, so I'll be the first to speak on this installment. Those dogs sure do look funny. Dad was trying to talk me into adopting two labs that were orphaned, but I could just picture a Sadie and Ginger free-for-all, you know?!!! Besides, we don't need THREE DOGS. Oh well. They sure were cute, though.

Hope you are doing well. I have a sore throat so I'm going to take it easy this evening.

Talk attcha soon!!! Love, Mom

Liz Guidry said...

Ok - well I took the night off, so you will prob. catch up to me now! Tomorrow night it is back to business!

Giffysk8s said...

No wonder you can't resist those eyes! Where do you think you will live in the US when you get back?

Worm's Woman said...

i wouldn't be able to tell them no either!