Monday, February 16, 2009

Eeyore Island

You know how Eeyore has a cloud over his head that follows him everywhere he goes? That's what it's like on Okinawa right now. It's been solidly overcast for four days now, and it always looks like it's going to rain any second although we've just had some minor sprinkles here and there. It's kinda chilly here too and do you think my dogs let me take the day off due to weather? Heck no, man, we went out anyway. They get totally stir crazy if we miss our walk.

Anyway, since the weather outside isn't exactly fabulous, I've been staying inside and working on my scrapbooks and cards.

Amber called me a punk for including the picture of her on the scooter in Target on these pages; these pics were all taken when we were in Washington last October/November. D'you like the apple paper? I was looking for something totally different when I came across it and I thought hey, this is just perfect!! But I used up most of the two sheets of it that I had, so hopefully I won't find myself in dire need of more apple-themed paper anytime soon. I just love how the color combination turned out on this, it came to me while I was trying to get to sleep one night and just worked out great with the photos. At least I think so.

This is for a swap I'm in; Amber came over a while back and we spent an afternoon working on swaps. This stamp set, Ocean Commotion, was the first one on my order when the new Stampin' Up catalog came out. It was in the Australian catalog before we got it and I was soooo hoping that it would be in the US one :) I thought it would come in handy since Lee's a scuba diver and all.

And here's my second swap card (I signed up for two spots). I made a set of these yesterday and was putting them all together when I discovered I had stamped the top part on the wrong color of paper so it didn't match the patterned paper on the bottom. Now this might not bother most people, but I can be something of a perfectionist so it bothered me. So I stamped 14 new flower panels that DO match the patterned paper, but I couldn't just throw the other ones away...

So I turned 'em into 14 thank you cards (yes, the paper on this one IS a different color than the paper on the first one. Trust me). One can always use thank you cards. In fact, Lee needs some to send out to people who gave him birthday presents, but I'm thinking this is a bit too girly for that. Granted, these are the colors he usually wears, but with all the flowers...yeah, too feminine. Maybe I can come up with something quick using that Ocean Commotion stamp set instead.

When I shared the photos of birthday cards the other day, I forgot about these two that were still down in the kitchen so they're getting their time to shine today (we need *something* to shine, I haven't seen the sun in days!) This is from Sharon in California, isn't it pretty?! The butterfly is punched out of patterned paper. Just love the colors and the edging...but I think that's a Martha Stewart punch and I refuse to buy any of her products on principle. She just creeps me out *and* her stuff is usually pretty expensive. When it first got to Michael's she made a deal with them that people couldn't use the 40% off coupons that Michael's does every other week or so...well, her stuff didn't sell because it's expensive :p Serves you right Martha! Anyway, rant over, suffice it to say I just still refuse to purchase her stuff, but I won't try to talk other people out of it, and some of it is cute--she has some great punch shapes. But I won't buy 'em. Nope. Not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent.

Can you tell that I've been up since 4:30 and didn't get much sleep last night? We started back at the gym at 5:00 this morning. It's good to be back...but I'm gonna be hurting tomorrow. I'm just glad to be over the stinkin' cold.

One last Bella birthday card from Angie (aka Renski) in Sasketchewan. Love it! I love that patterned paper...I need to buy like six more packs before it retires. I've used it several times for cards and scrapbook pages and I just love it. I have my eye on several other packs of patterned paper too, SU has done a really good job the last couple years coming out with paper that *rocks*. Just wish they did more with the purples...I could use some patterns in Lavender Lace.

That's it for now, folks. Gotta get these swaps in the mail and get to work on the next couple of projects...so tata for now!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Yeah baby! I feel like I've made the big time now that I'm in your scrapbook:D w00t! Love the layout girly *and yes, you're still a punk;)
Your sketch cards turned out beautimous also, I wish I would have taken pics of mine! Totally forgot, I'm such a goober! Oh well:) Have a great afternoon Oki buddy, talk to you soon!

Dustythemomhaskins said...

I love seeing the creativity you put into these cards. I think the swap is really cool. Great JOb on the scrapbook page as well. I gotta get my booty rolling with mine. I am soooooo far behind. Hopefully the sun will come soon.

Giffysk8s said...

I am so LOL b/c you remade the cards! You are almost as OCD as me. :)