Monday, March 30, 2009

Our Honeymoon Cruise

I mentioned in my last post that I wanted to start work on a scrapbook of Lee's and my honeymoon and then Vicki asked where we went for that, so here's the answer: we took a Disney cruise in the Caribbean. :) We went in March of 2005 so pretty much exactly 4 years ago and all I've done is print out the pictures...I didn't even do that until a couple months ago. I really need to hurry up and do this project before I forget everything, but luckily I also wrote down quite a bit of what we did while we were on the cruise so that helps.

We met this guy on our first night on the ship when they do the whole "this is what to do if the boat starts to sink" spiel and for the entire week of the cruise, he would start bugging us as to WHY we were on a DISNEY cruise if we had no kids every time he crossed our path. He was a British guy named Clive but Lee insisted on calling him Chive. Funny enough, we almost never saw him with HIS kid or his wife and here he is hassling us about why don't we have kids. But anyway, we had a really great time and I would soooooo do another Disney cruise. We went to St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and Castaway Cay which is Disney's private island in the Bahamas. Because you know Disney's gotta have its own private island in the Bahamas.

We had lots of chances to have pictures taken with characters on the ship; I know we have pictures with Chip and Dale, Pocahontas, Wendy from Peter Pan, Aladdin, two girl mice from Cinderella, Cinderella herself, Dopey, Lilo, Stitch, Pinocchio, Snow White, and probably a few others. When we had our picture taken with Captain Hook and Smee, Capt. Hook refused to stand next to me because I was wearing a Tinker Bell shirt.

My favorite Disney princess, Aurora from Sleeping Beauty (although I'd give a lot to have a picture taken with Maleficent, who is I think more what makes me love that movie...c'mon, she turns into a DRAGON! How much more awesome can you get?) This is the first time I'd ever had my picture taken with Aurora despite numerous visits to Disney parks. I may make myself a little scrapbook of just pictures with Disney characters, whaddya think? Just what I need, another project. I'd love to have a picture taken with Tinker Bell, but my mom thinks she doesn't do pictures, she just flies from the Matterhorn to the castle at Disneyland to kick off the fireworks show every night. At Tokyo Disney, Lee and I didn't really try too hard to get photos with the characters--the only one we got was of me with Jack Sparrow, so at least we got the really fun character, hehehe! I wish that awesome orange dress still fit me but alas...my sweet tooth has seen to that.

This is our patented self-portrait on the beach at Serenity Bay on Castaway Cay. The day we spent there was quite a bit cooler than the whole rest of the trip so we're both wearing long sleeves, no swimming for us. This pic was on our computer desktop for quite a while, but now we've got up a picture of us on the top of the lighthouse at Cape Zampa instead.

I liked St. Maarten a lot, we did an excursion there where we visited a butterfly farm and a marketplace and drove around the island a bit on a tour bus. We bought ourselves four little watercolor paintings at the marketplace as a souvenir, and those are now hanging up in our living room.

Sunset on St. Thomas...I didn't like this one as much, but I think that's because we didn't do an excursion so we were kind of at loose ends and couldn't think of what we should do that day. We did find a really good place for lunch, we had these ham and cheese sandwiches on the flakiest, butteriest croissants you ever did taste...and is "butteriest" a word? Well, it is now!

They did a midnight dessert buffet one night (as if we weren't all stuffing ourselves silly at the regular meal times!) and this was one of the items on display. Not sure if it was a cake or what, but it looked pretty cool.

Every day, we'd come back to our room to see a new towel animal on our bed. We had a lobster, a snake, a swan, a crab, a dog with Lee's sunglasses on, an elephant, and a scorpion. If you look in the upper left corner of this picture, you'll see Juan the Mexican Polar Bear, who's pretty much gone everywhere I've gone for the last 15 years or so, and my little Stitch souvenir. That Stitch is so funny, he's wearing a Disneyland shirt, a Mickey Mouse ears hat, and he has a Mickey-shaped ice cream in his hand. I got him from the ships souvenir shop, just couldn't resist. Actually I also got a scrapbook there, it's been waiting this long for me to scrap the pictures! So starting that may be my project in April (as well as working on the baby books, continuing my Japan scrapbooks, and keeping up with making birthday cards and Easter cards and whatnot).

3 comments:

CCsMom said...

Good morning! It's back to work for me . . . fooey, anyway. I knew the weekend had to come to an end. Anyway, you have a wonderful day. Love ya! Mom

Giffysk8s said...

We have heard such wonderful things abut those Disney cruises! Sounds like the perfect thing for us to do with Emma. (She's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!)

TOO FUNNY that Captain Hook wouldn't be seen next to the Tink shirt! Didn't know he had a sense of humor. :)

Looks like you had a great honeymoon! And I totally agree with you about Maleficent. The only villain I love more is the Queen in Enchanted, whose name is totally escaping me! (Can I blame that on grandma brain? LOL)

Giffysk8s said...

Just thought of it~Queen Narissa!