Thursday, March 26, 2009

Photo Swap

Did anyone wonder where I was? Luckily for me, I was *not* trapped under something heavy and unable to get to the computer, I've just been working on two baby books. I need to finish putting together the April layout and adhere the letters to three other months, and then I'll have finished four months of each book. Not too bad for a week's work. But I'm not ready to share pictures of that project yet.

Earlier this week, Missy came by with a thumb drive so we could exchange pictures from the Nago cherry blossom festival and our excursion to Cape Hedo (I also gave her the pics from bowling). A lot of the pictures are pretty similar but there are several I'm very glad to have, particularly one of the four of us at the cherry blossom festival since none of ours turned out well.

Yep, there we are. I'll have to upload this on Winkflash so I can order a print of it, but that's ok since I needed to do that anyway...I've got pictures from several events that need to be printed out.

Here's a pic of some of the 4 gabillion steps we had to walk up to get to where the cherry blossoms are. I have to say, I got pretty tired on the way up and then I saw this lady who had to be at least 7 months pregnant coming back down and I thought gee, if she can make it to the top, then I have to be able to make it or suffer massive amounts of mocking.

I think this was just about the best picture of the cherry blossoms from Missy and Bennet's camera. I really like how the colors turned out in this one. Now I just need to Photoshop out those power lines...

Ok, so now for a few more pictures from Cape Hedo.

I'm definitely going to print this one out, I like this photo of Lee. He went to the eye doctor yesterday so he's back to wearing contacts...I kinda liked the glasses. But he's hoping to do that eye surgery so he doesn't have to mess with glasses or contacts anymore so I guess I'd better get used to Clark Kent being gone again. I don't particularly like messing with contacts either and I'm practically blind without them, but I saw a video of an eye surgery when I was in high school and to this day just the thought of eye surgery gives me the willies. No way can I do that.

Ever wonder what I look like when I'm taking pictures? Well, now you know. I do my pinkies out funny the same way people do when they're drinking tea. I try not to squint into the camera though.

Just a picture of me and Ree that I liked. Can you believe the colors on the water here? Just gorgeous. But next time we're taking pictures out by the ocean I'll have to remember to tell Lee not to wear a blue shirt. :p

And here's Lee taking a picture! We've got several silly pictures of us taking pictures of each other taking pictures if that makes any sense. This was when Lee set up the tripod on the little gazebo thing and we all got in a picture together and the carnivorous palm tree bit me in the bum. Ow.

Ok, well, I'm off to work on those baby books some more. I'm actually surprised at how fast they're going, but this is a good thing--hopefully I can finish them by the end of April. We'll see how it works out...I want to start on my honeymoon scrapbook while Lee is gone so I have something cool to show him when he gets back. Tata for now, peeps!

2 comments:

Giffysk8s said...

Your friends got some great photos! I can't get over the color of the water. It's so vivid. I like the cherry blossoms photo, too. Sounds like you are good at Photoshop. I have never even tried it. I should get some good photo software. You know how many pix I take, especially of Emma! :)

Can't wait to see the baby albums and the honeymoon album. Where did you go on your honeymoon? Our honeymoon photos are a riot~such babies were we! (We got engaged at 18, married at 20, had Brittany at 21!)

Hope you get my package soon!

CCsMom said...

Herro! We are back from the Hill Country. Being from California, these are BABY hills in Texas. Shoot, the foothhills right above our home town are much bigger than the Texas hills! It was a nice time off, though. A cold from came in and the temperatures dropped significantly today, but the sky was blue when we drove past Baylor and the Pat Neff dome was gleaming gold in the midday sunshine. Still impresses me every time I see it.

Cool pix from Hedo Point! I was thinking about you guys as we motored on up the highway -- how I'd much rather be near the ocean and watching the waves. We saw tons of bluebonnets, but they were over by Hillsboro, NOT the Hill Country. Maybe we were a bit early to get to see them like we'd hoped.

Talk attcha soon. Love ya! Mom