Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Weirdest Thing I've Seen in a Right Long While

A hot dog vending machine. It's a vending machine that sells hot dogs. Do you find this odd too, or am I the only one?

On Saturday, my shopping partner in crime Amber picked me up and we went to a spring bazaar just to see what they had. We had mucho fun looking at all the cool furniture (it did seem like there was an awful lot of furniture compared to last year) and imagined how some of the more outlandish stuff would look in our houses. After a couple of hours of shopping we were both starved, but there was a big long line to get food. That's when we spied these. I was so intrigued and Amber was so disinclined to wait in line that we had to try it.

Oh yes, I was the weird person who took a bunch of pictures of the hot dog vending machine while it worked. I missed the part where it said "your hot dog is grilling" but I tried very hard to get a picture of "your bun is warming". The weird thing is that while the letters weren't blinking or anything if you just looked at them, when you look through the camera lens they DO blink. Don't know why.

So here's what it looks like when it's done, and they've got a little thing where you can grab mayo or ketchup and napkins (why mayo? On a hot dog? Ew! What happened to mustard?! Personally I only like ketchup on hot dogs, but my sweet hubby Ree likes ketchup and mustard. Also, they had no relish, but I hate anything pickle-related anyway.)

And here's Amber with her vending machine hot dog :)

We sat down to eat lunch at a picnic table a little ways away from the vending machines and discovered from watching the crowds that we were not the only two who were intrigued with the idea, although I don't think anyone else was taking pictures of the machine. Heh. Guess I'm special.

Do you like my Team Edward t-shirt? I *thought* Amber was gonna wear hers too, we want to get our picture taken in our matching t-shirts. She went to St. Louis for a week a while back and brought me back that shirt, isn't that sweet? If you don't get it (you must be living under a rock) it's a Twilight reference :) I may re-read the series after my 20-page paper is done...but that's slow going considering I haven't really worked on it for over a week. I've got under two weeks till it's due on May 5 so I need to get my bum in gear. Plus if I just hurry up and finish it, I can stamp my lil heart out with a clear conscience.

7 comments:

Toby E. said...

So how was the vending hot dogs? Any good? And I thought a DVD vending machine was big stuff!

Sparkle said...

That is just too funny. I would of taken pictures too. :) Was the hot dog okay once you ate it? And I love your shirt!

Amber said...

w00t! I was wondering how those pics turned out! Super cool Hot Dog machine, and Sparks, they tasted YUMMY! We gobbled em up;)

adifrog said...

Sooo...how fresh was it?

If you reread the series, skip #2. I am not at all interested in seeing that movie. What a depressing book!

Debbie said...

That is crazy....a hot dog vending machine....hmmmm....so just how was the dog?

Liz Guidry said...

Cool machine - love the shirt too. Guess I *had* been living under a rock until about a month ago - haha!

Debbie said...

OMG you make me LOL! I SO SO LOVE your shirt and have just started to pick up the series again b/c I needed an Edward FIX! And that hot dog machine is one of the CRAZIEST things I've ever SEEN! I would've snapped shots of it too! That is HYSTERICAL! Did it taste good????