Wednesday, April 29, 2009

World Procrastinators Meeting Postponed Indefinitely

I've been thinking and talking about this paper I'm supposed to write for weeks on end and yet somehow it still hasn't written itself. What's up with that? I think part of the problem is I need to quit looking for new research articles and actually read the ones I have, and then get started with the writing part. I have the 8.5 pages I turned in over two weeks ago, so I just need to double that and it's done. Not so hard, right?

Uh, yeah. I am a humongoloid procrastinator. I blame my mom, I'm pretty sure I got it from her and she just claims she "works better under pressure." Anyway, I know I am not the only slowpoke in my class since someone else asked for a class-wide extension and we now have until next Thursday to turn it in (which is also our last day of that class).

So I need to sit down and seriously work on this, like, now. What sucks is I got a new alphabet stamp set in the mail today and I'm two pages shy of my April scrapbooking goal (here I was thinking I would get scads of things done while Lee is gone, and yeah not so much) so I would just really love to work on some paper craft stuff instead of writing a research paper. I thought I could give myself a half-day off to finish two more pages, but then I thought I was going to be gone for one hour to help out with something and then ended up being gone all morning instead, so that was my half a day of freedom from paper-writing. Ok, seriously. I'm going to go work on it. Right now.

As soon as I check my email. :p

Oh yeah, I got regrets for one of the jobs I interviewed for this month, and this was the one that I would have picked if I'd gotten to choose between the two jobs. I got regrets via email. Really, is that how it's done these days? Although the email was very nice (inasmuch as such things can be), it still seems kinda tacky to me to do it that way.

P.S. In the four hours or so since I wrote the above blog post, I've written another page and a half on my paper and I've been reading through more of the research I've already gathered. So I have accomplished *something* despite Liz trying to distract me on Skype. :p Ten pages down, ten more to go! Somehow that doesn't sound quite as encouraging as I thought it would...

4 comments:

Liz Guidry said...

Sorry about the job, Christy. They suck if they didn't want you!!! Now get to work on that paper. I wouldn't want you to fail and have to take it over! hehe!

Amber said...

Oh you silly thing! You really do need to get to work on it, how are we supposed to get together for scrapping/movie watching if you have homework to do?;)
Sucks about the job too, I'm sorry to hear that. Is that the one where Lee works?
Well, quit reading your comments and get to work on your paper!
MWAH!

Giffysk8s said...

ROFL! I bet those alphabet stamps are screaming your name! I am glad you don't procrastinate at kokeshi shopping. :) Hope you're making progress today!

Giffysk8s said...

Hey... eat some of those caramel kisses. Maybe the sugar rush will get you jammin'!