Saturday, May 16, 2009

Rainbow Brite Redux

When I did my Rainbow Brite page, I stamped flowers and leaves all over two full sheets of Whisper White cardstock, trying to get the images perfect. So of course I ended up with a bunch of flowers that weren't quite perfect, but were too good to throw away, and I decided to use them for Casey's baby shower card. Ok, ok, it doesn't look like a baby shower card really, but it's a luau-themed shower so go with it alright?

I still love the bright colors right now. I'm not sure if maybe I went a little overboard here, I mean I couldn't even get all the flowers to fit on the card front so now this puppy won't fit in an envelope. But I was inspired by this week's Sketch for You to Try so I had to squeeze five flowers on there. And since decorating the inside of your cards is now The Thing To Do, I did it:

Kinda cute, I like the idea of having the inside be pretty too. The bad pard is it makes the card a lot heavier (of course, that only matters if you're mailing it) and it uses up even more paper. I had issues with the inside of the card and had to cut the white piece out twice. Guess I need to buy another pack of white cardstock at the rate I'm burning through it...

And here's the gift bag, which I got to coordinate with my Rainbow Brite goes to a luau card. I still have quite a few leftover stamped flowers and leaves, too, so we'll see if any of them make appearances on later projects. For now though, I need to clean up around the house a little bit and then get ready to go to Casey's baby shower.

Lee gets back in less than a week! Woooooohoooooooo!!!

2 comments:

Giffysk8s said...

You know, I was never a fan of the bright blue and orange combo until you started the Rainbow Brite flashbacks. It has really grown on me! Of course, that SU orange (Tangerine Tango, I think) is the perfect orange. Hope you had fun at the shower! Did Casey go nuts over the baby book?

Sparkle said...

What a darling set! I love all the bright colors!