Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

That's me doing the Dolphin Squeal of Excitement.

This morning I was doing my normal email check/blog surf routine, and I found that Vicki sent me a link on Facebook to this picture:

Star Wars kokeshi dolls. Squeeee!

So I did some intensive Internet research (okay, I Googled) and I found the maker's Etsy shop (cue Threepio: "Thank the maker!"). In addition to Princess Leia and Han Solo, you too can purchase the kokeshi doll versions of Chewbacca, Obiwan Kenobi (Ewan McGregor Obiwan, not Alec Guiness Obiwan), Darth Vader, Artoo Detoo, and even Darth Maul. Oddly enough, no Luke Skywalker, but maybe he's next in line. At $20 a pop and only 4 inches tall, they're a bit spendy compared to the dolls I can get here, but they're *Star Wars* so I'll be ordering a few of them anyway. I think I'll start with Princess Leia and Han Solo and then just buy the others gradually. But hey, if you were agonizing over what to get me for Christmas :) now you know!

Star Wars is my first sci-fi/fantasy love, but I am an equal-opportunity geek. I've seen Star Trek twice in the last three days and it was way cool. Lots of references to famous lines from the original Trek, but totally accessible to non-Trekkies too (so Jamie and I were cracking up at lines like "Are you out of your Vulcan mind?!" while Lee didn't get why we were laughing so hard, but still enjoyed the movie). And I must say that Chris Pine is waaaayyy cuter than William Shatner ever was, plus he doesn't have that odd line delivery. Zachary Quinto was amazing as Spock, but still slightly creepy thanks to his stint as Sylar on Heroes. All in all, two thumbs up--go see it if you haven't already.

We're going to see Wolverine tonight. Glad there's some good movies out now, they've been kinda thin on the ground for a while. I suppose that's why I have such an extensive DVD collection, I can entertain myself even if the box office isn't that great. So may the Force be with you as you live long and prosper! I'm going to the gym.

7 comments:

Giffysk8s said...

Ha ha~was tha sign-off supposed to be Luke Spockwalker? BTW, we lOVED the movie! So many good lines, and the casting was perfect. I hope they make another one!

Glad I spotted these for you!

CCsMom said...

That is just too funny for words. Look at their eyes! It figures -- yes, I can see these joining your collection.

Hope you are doing great. Love ya mucho! Mom

adifrog said...

Those are cute. Leia is almost as cute as the other pigtailed kokeshi you posted a while back. Don't feel bad about ordering them--they're your "happy new job" present. (I just heard officially. Congrats! I should keep up with the blog more!)

Alexis Hilgert said...

Lol - did you catch the ode to Star Wars on the Star Trek movie?? Where Auhora (have NO idea how to spell her name) called Jim a "Scruffy Nerf-herder"... LOL. Classic.

Zeus and Twinkle Haskins said...

OMG, these are so cute. Maybe I might enlist you to pick me up a few from there one day.They are so adorable.

Charisse said...

Those little dollar are adorable. But do you think they would make your other dolls feel inadequate? Will they get special treatment? Will they don a regular shelf or be relegated to their own shelf? Inquiring minds need to know. :-)

As for Star Trek...I told you it was awesome. As someone who has watched most of the Star trek shows and all of the previous Star Trek movies, I enjoyed it. As someone who enjoyed Star Trek: Next Generation and some of the Star trek movies, Rob thought the movie was incredible. I believe my favorite line was from Leonard Nimoy to the ever so creepy younger Spock version, Zachary Quinto something along the lines of: I'd say live long and prosper but that would be self serving.

Liz Guidry said...

I have to admit that those dolls rock. You'll have them in no time! I will def. get you one for your birthday next year! I'll have to coordinate with everyone else so you don't get 1 twice. :)