Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Ever-Expanding Universe of Geek* Kokeshi

Muluc, who was already my hero for producing Star Wars kokeshi dolls, has expanded his store to include a few more of your favorite sci-fi/comic book characters...

Yep, Kirk and Spock have now been immortalized in kokeshi doll form. Sure, it's cool to be an action figure, but how many people can say they've been turned into kokeshi dolls? Action figures are a dime a dozen in comparison.

And for you Marvel Comics fans (you know who you are), Muluc now has Spiderman and the Incredible Hulk available for purchase in his store. You know you want to buy them right now.

Aww yeah. Good stuff, man.

*Seriously, if you look at Muluc's Etsy page, his stuff has been tagged with the keyword "geekery". Let's all just proudly let our geek flags wave, n'k?

3 comments:

Sparkle said...

These are just great! I love them all.

CCsMom said...

You are too funny for words. I must say, I do adore those new Star Trek dudes, well, younger version of the original anyway. They are both very handsome.

Taking a minute to cool off. I have been working in the yard since we had a big limb fall. Plus I've trimmed the bushes and am cutting up these limbs to put in the trash. All of that after mowing the lawn to boot. Now Dad has to use the chain saw to work on what's left. It's too big for my hedge trimmer or my ratcheted clippers. Man, am I going to be sore tomorrow.

Speaking of which, it's our 35th wedding anniversary and Dad is taking me to Benihana for dinner. I was going to take HIM to dinner, so now I've got to figure out something else to give him. Maybe I'll just do a GC to somewhere. Gotta think this one out and I don't have very much time.

Anyway, hope you are doing great. It's 3:40 a.m. where you are -- on Monday, so you are snoozing and then going to start another week at the new job. So have a good one and I'll "talk" to you soon. Love you! Mom

Giffysk8s said...

Okay, so I assume the Trekkie Kokeshis will be moving into your house with the Star Wars ones. :)

Have a good week!

Oh, you need to figure out how much I owe you!