Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tiana's Baby Book, Part 1

As promised, here's the first part of Tiana's baby book. She's due in July, so the first layout will be first pictures/homecoming stuff (still haven't made it yet) and then the monthly layouts will start with August:


The colors are a bit off in the picture; I used Tempting Turquoise, Summer Sun, Tangerine Tango (yes, those photo mats are ORANGE, not red) and Pacific Point patterned paper. Tiana's husband Scott loves orange so I that was one reason why I used the color on here (that, and I liked it with the other colors). August is one of those months that doesn't have a good built-in "theme" for this type of project, but hey, we're on a subtropical island so fish work!

I used apples for September's theme; luckily I still had some Summer Picnic designer series paper that has apples on it. This one was really simple and quick to put together, but I really liked the color combo: Bashful Blue, Real Red, Old Olive, and Chocolate Chip.

I love lime green and I was so tickled with how the October layout looked when I finished it. The starry background was stamped with Stars & Swirls, which was the first SU stamp set I ever bought. I used Green Galore, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Gray, and Lovely Lilac for my colors on this.


I think November was the first layout I actually did for this book. Again, the colors look a bit wonky--it's Really Rust, Sage Shadow (photo mats), Chocolate Chip, and More Mustard. The patterned paper on the edges looked like buttons to me, so I stamped some buttons from Little Pieces to accent the letters of the title.

Each layout has room for one 5x7 picture and several more 4x6 and 3.25x5 pictures since those are some standard sizes that I get from Winkflash. So all Tiana has to do is take pictures, print them, and then stick them in the book. The white spaces are for her to write about whatever happens during the month or milestones like how much the baby weighs each month or whatever. Like I know what moms write in baby books.

Ok, I'm about to face-plant on the keyboard I'm so tired. I'll be back in a day or two with Part 2 of the baby book photos.

2 comments:

Sparkle said...

How cute! I should do this for my friend who is due this fall.

Giffysk8s said...

Christy, this is so awesome! The layouts are adorable! Love that lime green!

I made a one-year album for Brittany to use for Emma. It is so great b/c what new mom has time to scrapbook? Tiana is so blessed to have you for a friend! Cant wait to see the other pages!