Saturday, July 11, 2009

Going GREEN

So yesterday Amber and I finally got to go to Cocok's with the silent K for pedicures. We had a good time looking through all the designs and trying to choose what to get...they have a picture of one design where the toenail is painted to look like an eye and it has EYELASHES, like fake eyelashes on the top. Weird!! Then there was one that was pink with white on the top on a wavy border, and a teeny red spot on top--I didn't get it at first but it's an ice cream sundae. Ha! I was having a hard time deciding what to get this time and then Amber talked me into doing the same design she got:

Now we're Toe Twinkies! Kinda wild, huh? I like the stripes. It wasn't until about an hour after we left Cocok's with the silent k that I thought hey, those are my college school colors! Bwahaha! Here's a closeup, and no my toes are not that red IRL, the colors just came out funky...

There's gold glitter in the flower centers but it is hard to get a good picture of that. The stripes remind me of a rugby shirt, and now I really want some yellow clothes to go with my toes. Ree would tell me I should only have my toes painted in colors to match the clothes I already have, hehe. I found several purple designs I liked but I thought I should save the darker shades until winter.

So after we got done at Cocok's with the silent k, Amber and I hit up the art store where she got a bunch of Copic markers and I got some adhesive refills for cheap, and then we had lunch at Mike's Tex Mex. It cracks me up that we have a pretty good Mexican restaurant here on Okinawa of all places, but I didn't care much for the Mexican places in North Carolina which is a lot closer to Mexico. And I like the Mongolian barbecue place in NC better than Genghis Khan here, and Okinawa is a lot closer to Mongolia...but anyway. After lunch we went to this three-story gift shop called ETWS (EWTS maybe? I get the letters mixed up) that seems to have everything under the sun except for kokeshi dolls. We found these super-cute hair clips for about $2.50 apiece, and we both got a pink one and a teal one:

Yeah, I'm sure if anyone had been watching me try to take a picture of this hair clip IN my hair that said observer would have been rolling on the floor laughing. This took about six tries.

Cute, no? And the colors I got will go with quite a few things in my wardrobe.

On Friday I had to do a bit of shopping for birthday presents as Arrie's birthday is today and Missy's is tomorrow, and wouldn't you know I just *happened* to see a new kokeshi doll that just begged to be added to my collection...

Isn't she purty? And PURPLE! I showed her to Ree and he said she looks like a mushroom, and then he asked if I was on mushrooms. Snort. Boys are so silly. Anyway, she's sitting on top of my brand spankin' new Twilight-themed stamps that I got from Artful Inkables. So totally awesome, I wanna hurry up and make a card or something with them, but my goal today is to work some more on the last bit of Tiana's baby book. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Hey Toe Twinkie!!! Cute pics of your hair, I'm wearing my teal one today! LOVE IT:)
I saw you and Ree cruise past my neighborhood earlier, I was heading out to Foster for some retail therapy (and grocery shopping, not so fun!)!
I'm still lovin my toes, I don't think I'll get tired of these bright colors:)

Liz Guidry said...

You are sooo funny! I spotted those Twilight stamps right away. Groovy new toes. I was wondering why you were MIA all weekend :( I really like those hair clippys too. May have to send you some $$ to buy Autumn a couple. hehe

Giffysk8s said...

LOVIN the toes! You need a pair of Mr. Smee pants in those colors! :) Love the hair clip, too!

I am still ROFL over Ree's mushroom comment. LOVE the new kokeshi doll, as you knew I would! She looks so happy. Being a kokeshi doll must be fun!

Robyn is enjoying my collection. We may be creating a new addict. LOL Lori LOVES the ones you got for her. THANK YOU!

Back to Robyn. Have a good evening!

Toby E. said...

tagged you! read my blog