Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Mom's Motto

If the shoe fits, buy it in every color! That motto also applies to pretty much every article of clothing too...I found a sweater I really liked at Penney's when we lived in NC, and over the course of a couple of months I bought it in no fewer than six colors, lol! Anyway, check out my cardariffic ode to my mom's wisdom:

This is for today's Bella Show & Tell challenge, to make a card showing what you like to do when you're not working. And here's my explanation of why I chose Imeldabella, as I just posted on Splitcoast:

I love looking at shoes. I love shopping for shoes. I love buying shoes. I don't particularly like to *wear* shoes though, lol! I'm the one who's always got her shoes kicked off under her desk at work. Right now I really want to buy these teal shoes I saw in the JC Penney catalog but I haven't done it yet...they're adorable little peep-toe flats, and did I mention that they're teal? Love 'em! I prefer flats to heels because a.) I'm an Amazon in Japan and b.) I missed the day in school where they taught girls how to walk in heels and apply makeup properly. Plus flats are way more comfy.

I also tend to look at other people's shoes, especially when we're out in a crowd...last weekend I was just amazed at how many women were teetering around on 4" stiletto heels at a festival where you have to walk around a lot. And they have some crazy shoes in Japan, lemme tell ya. I tried to take a picture of some of them, but I was too far away to get a good picture and my DH thought it was a weird thing to be doing so I quit

While I was working on this card and another one for tomorrow's Bellariffic Friday challenge, my little man Vader was hanging out with his buddy Raven:

Sadie mostly keeps to herself because she's a bit snotty. It's hilarious because almost every night, Vader will go lay down right next to her and if he touches her even the slightest bit, she makes a funny noise and hops up immediately to go find a different place to lay down where no one is touching her. Silly girl.

Anyway, it is once again bedtime in Japan. And tomorrow is Friday, so yay! Check you later, peeps!

4 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

This is too cute, Christy! Love it!

Giffysk8s said...

I am sooooo ROFL over this! Especially because you colored the boots teal! Why haven't you ordered those shoes yet? They'd look so pretty beneath your desk!

I so do the same thing: like it, buy it in every color so that I don't have to go shopping again! I seriously just did that with shorts and t-shirts on sale at Land's End. Got the shorts in three colors and the shirt in 5!

Sadie is too funny! :)

CCsMom said...

Yep, just bought two more pair of shoes last night, I did. AND they were on sale. Did I NEED them? Hmmm, what does NEED have to do with it? Seriously, I do need to weed out my shoe collection. Dad would second that notion. LOVED the card. You have a great one and I'm sure I'll talk to you this weekend. Talked to Larry the other night on Skype -- he'd just got back from Kerrville where his nephew was in from Guam visiting his folks.

Love ya!!! Mom

Liz Guidry said...

Cute card. I remember going with you to buy another one of those sweaters --- I think you got purple (big surprise). Cute picture of Vader and Raven. I bet Storm would let him cuddle up next to him. At least Sadie can't talk, otherwise you would hear, "Moooom! He keeps touching me!!!"