Saturday, September 19, 2009

T Minus Five Days And Counting

Well, my twelve to fifteen-page paper is due on Thursday, and I haven't written a single word on it yet. I did spend a LOT of time today doing research, so I hope to get at least the first several pages written tomorrow. This is for my Theory & Ideology class, and I have chosen to write about eugenics. I was going to write about Nazism but there is just too much out there to wade through in the time I have left, so I figured eugenics would be a bit more manageable as a topic. It's been pretty interesting reading today. Lee kinda rolled his eyes at me when I told him I got this idea because of watching Star Trek. Go watch the original series episode "Space Seed" or the movie "The Wrath of Khan", you'll see what I mean.

In other news, we have discovered a pretty serious down side to our new house: ticks. Since we returned from the States, I have discovered no fewer than THREE ticks attached to Sadie, which makes me feel like a bad dog mama even though we're doing the Frontline thing like we're supposed to. So Ree has been spraying stuff on the lawn since we think she might be picking them up in the backyard, and I'm obsessively checking both kids over for signs of any more bloodsucking fiends. Vader hasn't had any so far, I think maybe he's so sweet that the ticks just can't handle it, maybe that's like the parasitical equivalent of a decadent dessert that you can't eat a whole lot of because it's too rich :p

I seriously miss my craft room. I still need to do some organizing in there, and I can't wait until after my paper is due on Thursday so I can actually do something fun and crafty for a change. I think it's been almost a month since I last made a card? Crazy! And I'd love to do some scrappin' work too...unfortunately now is also the time to figure out what class I should take next term, so I'm already contemplating the *next* big long research paper. Maybe next time I won't procrastinate with quite so much abandon...oh, who am I kidding? Next time I have a paper due, I'll be stressing about it at the last minute just like this time. But for right now, I'm going to bed. In the meantime, you should check out today's post on Cake Wrecks. Arr!!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Oh sweet Christy, your paper is still not done, lol! Man I hate writing papers, I'm just like you, I wait until the day they're due and then stress about it! Well the faster you get it done the faster you can be crafty:) Or maybe you need to make a card real quick to get the itch out and then you'll be ready to do your paper? Nah, it doesn't work for me either;)
The dogs still getting ticks or is that the same ones you told me about last week? Man I hope those nasty bugs finally disappear!

Giffysk8s said...

Major bummer about the ticks! We switched from Frontline to Advantix. Frontline kills ticks after the ticks bite the dogs, but only Advantix repels them before they actually get on the dog. Maybe try this instead?

Liz Guidry said...

Hope you got some work done on your paper. I haven't been in a scrappy mood lately, so there is still time to stay ahead of the game ;)

Liz Guidry said...

So did you get your paper done yet?!