Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Melor, Come Baaaaaaack!!!

This weekend we were watching no fewer than three storms out in the Pacific, and for a little while it was looking like we might actually get hit by a typhoon....till it hooked back to the east. Come back, Melor!! I want a free day off work in the middle of the week! Dude, typhoons listen to me even less than Sadie does, and that's saying something. Still, I want us to have nice weather this weekend because Lee and I are taking off to Kyoto for the weekend to celebrate our sixth anniversary. Our actual anniversary isn't until the 18th, but due to some stuff coming up at work, we had to plan the trip for the weekend before. I'm getting pretty excited about it (despite having to get on an airplane to get there, I'm still not too keen on planes after our trip to the States) and I can't wait to see the sights as I've heard it's beautiful. We're hoping we get to see the apprentice geishas walking around on Sunday, 'cause that's what they do. So this time next week I should have lots of pictures to share!! I'd have more pictures to share now if Lee would upload the photos from our trip to the States, but I can't hassle him too much given that it's 8:40 pm and he's still at work. I did offer to bring him dinner but he turned it down.

Anyway, I did make just a couple of cards recently...

I am always in need of thank you cards, and I really liked this sketch when Beate posted it. I made six of these and it took practically no time at all since it's just patterned paper, a couple of punches, and one single stamped image. I think it turned out pretty well, what do you think? The other card I made was also in the clean and simple vein...

I do so love this image, she's called Appleybowl Huggabugg from Stamping Bella. I wish I had some red polka dot ribbon to coordinate better but I just used what I had on hand. The sentiment is a teeny bit blurry in the photo, it says "sweeter than apple pie."

Lee is finally starting to roll his eyes a little bit when I start looking at kokeshi dolls...hey I couldn't help it, we had this brand new huge store opening over the weekend and I've found a couple of new sources for dolls :) One of them is markedly more expensive than the ones I've been going to, but they do have some unique dolls...oh well, anyway, I got this one from China Pete's. We need to hurry up and find us a curio cabinet to display my doll collection, I ran out of room in the kitchen and I now have five living on my craft room table :D

Anyway, I'm going to go work on the super secret stitching while I wait for Lee to get home. Looks like I'll have to go to work tomorrow after all since that stinkin' typhoon won't cooperate. All I want is a teeny tiny baby typhoon to hit the island and be *just* strong enough to make us all stay home from work for a day or two, but not strong enough to do any damage. Is that too much to ask?! Is it?! Arrgh!

4 comments:

Sparkle said...

Such darling cards! And I love your doll!

Giffysk8s said...

No, not too much to ask~just apparently the wrong question. :)

LOVE your new doll! Purple is perfect, huh? She is so pretty! Bet she looks nice with the other dolls.

So do tell~what did you mean by "unique" dolls? Do I see another check heading your way???

Christy Lynn said...

I just mean different doll designs than I've seen elsewhere, but I didn't see any that made me want to shell out $30 per doll, which is what they were asking. I DID find at least two dolls that I do really like, they're about $22 apiece, so I will most likely acquire those pretty soon here ;)

Toby E. said...

Sorry I am just now getting on and saying it, but congrats on the A on the paper and getting through the class and even bigger on being half way there!!
And as always, LOVE the cards!
Fingers crossed for a baby typhoon for you soon, but I insist on only a tinie tiny one!!!