Monday, October 26, 2009

Scrapariffic PROOF

K, I'm taking a break from the Kyoto pictures today to bring you photographic proof that I have been working on my scrapbooks. Unfortunately I haven't finished any of these layouts, but that's because I haven't figured out exactly what I want to do yet. Behold!

Pictures from our trip to Yokohama's Chinatown last December, this is the Kantei-byo (Kanto-bei?) temple. The colors are waaayyyy off in the photo; it's actually Riding Hood Red and Crushed Curry, so a pretty red not wonky orange for the background, and the yellow on the sides isn't quite so...yellow. I still need the title, journaling, and some kind of embellishment before I can call this layout done (same for the next one).

Same trip, this time the Maso-byo temple a couple blocks away from the first one. I used the same colors but in reverse, and trust me when I say the colors look a lot better in real life than they do on here. I wanted this one to be similar to the first layout, I'm not just running out of layout or color combination ideas here :p

Last layout in progress (sorry the photo is a little blurry, but you get the idea):

So really all this one needs is a bit of journaling and possibly some type of embellishment, but I don't know what. I was thinking I could fit some kind of small round SOMETHING above and below "cruise" in the title, and then on the corner of the pictures on the right page just under my face. I like the title--my sweet mommy sent me a couple of new Sizzlits alphabets a while back and this is the first time I've used them, this one is Funky Brush. Anyway, the background on this layout really IS orange (Dusty Durango, to be exact). Lee and I had a long discussion about what would be the right color behind the patterned paper and Dusty Durango won. I like it.

So anyway LIZ, there's proof I haven't forgotten how to scrapbook. I just can't seem to finish a layout all the way before I start the next one. Snort!

3 comments:

Giffysk8s said...

I am LOL that YOU of all people are running out of layout ideas. Yours are always the best!

LOVE that alphabet! What fun!

Ahh, scrapbooking. I was sooo close to being caught up, and now I am way behind again. Seems I can't accomplish anything with the new puppy in the new house. All I want to do is snuggle and play with Emma and Tiffany. Poor me, huh?

Keep the layouts coming!

CCsMom said...

Cool, cool, cool.

I am getting revved up to do some things my own self. BUT I need to get some of the projects I'm HALF finished with complete and time is a-wastin'. LOTS to do before the holidays. Dad and I went out tonight and looked at mirrors for the bathroom. Are you surprised that we couldn't agree?!!! No, me either. Just wait until you get your OWN place. You've already experienced it in looking at furniture.

Miss you, kiddo. Hope you are having a good time. Didja see my Facebook with the OSU/Baylor pix? LOVED the one of Adam and Adrienne. They look healthy and happy.

Love you. Mom

Liz Guidry said...

You are too funny! I can't wait to see them finished. Once Bobby leaves I'm gonna blow WAY past you *insert evil laugh here*