Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Madness That's Not Related to the Holidays

Just a quick post to say I am still alive and kicking, although I am very tired and my poor hubby is conked out on the couch downstairs because he thinks he's coming down with something. I couldn't wake him up enough to move upstairs to the bedroom so I think he's staying put there for the night, poor honey. We've both been ridiculously busy at work (WHY did my boss wait till NOW to start planning the big retirement shindig for our coworker that will be happening this Friday?!) and Lee's been having to write several papers right in a row. I've been *trying* (and failing) to keep up with reading for my class, and I just haven't had enough hours in the day to get done everything I want to. Ever wish life had a pause button? So you could hit pause, and then go to sleep for as long as you wanted to, and then hit play when you're ready to get moving with all the other things you have to do. Yeah, I need one of those. Think Staples makes one? They've already got the Easy Button.

Too bad all the pumpkin cookies are gone already. Guess I can't complain too much, I had more than one of those earlier today :) Back as soon as I can with more pictures, I have a BUNCH of pictures I want to post but it just ain't happening tonight.

And oh yeah, next week will be crazy too. Not only is it Thanksgiving, Lee's parents are getting here late Tuesday night so we'll be busy visiting with them and showing off the island :) and I'm taking Lee's mom to Cocok's with the Silent K on Friday, woohooooooooooooooo!!

2 comments:

Giffysk8s said...

Sorry that Lee isn't feel. Hope he recovers quickly and that you avoid it. A bug's been moving through our house, and I don't mean a Cricut. :)

If you find one of those "pause" buttons, please oh please buy two and send one my way, k? Well, that and some of your famous pumpkin cookies. Maybe I need a rewind button, too. Then I could keep eating the same cookie over and over and it would only count as one cookie's worth of calories. LOL

Wishing you a good night's sleep!

CCsMom said...

Yes, I hear you. We've got company coming, too, and Dad's plans are to do some rennovations WHILE they are here. When am I going to sneak in seeing "New Moon"?! He won't let me go by myself, either. Ha!

Am at home today as Dad had his procedure this a.m. and is asleep. I think I'll take a nap and work on the package I'll be sending to you SOON.

Love ya, kiddo! Mom