Monday, January 25, 2010

29 with 1 Year of Experience

Do not listen to my mother or my husband...I just turned 29 with one year of experience, *not* 30! Lee has to turn 30 first ;) So how about some birthday pics?

I've talked about her several times, so here's a picture of my partner in crime, Connie! We share an office at work and chatter all day while we listen to my iPod (we're both big 80s fans). Sometimes we actually get some work done, too.

Two of the guys who work in our building got her that beautiful bouquet for her birthday on the 19th, isn't it fabulous? The lilies were gorgeous but unfortunately after a while they make me go all muzzy-headed. Anyway, Connie was responsible for the following bit of awesomeness:

Yep, I got a Star Trek cake for my birthday. Like I said, awesome!

Since my birthday was actually on Sunday, we invited a bunch of people over to grill hamburgers and chicken, and Dean & Jamie brought over their Wii for us to play. Here is Missy preparing to kick my butt at swordfighting.

Jamie and Tiana, who were on the same Wii bowling team:

And here's Steven and Andi, concentrating very hard on trying to beat each other at swordfighting. Andi said that she thinks they should use that game to settle any and all disputes in their house; whoever wins the swordfight wins the argument :)

After we had Wii'd till we could Wii no mo' (and we wanted cake) I got TWO more birthday cakes. Jamie made a mojito cake and Missy made a triple chocolate cake with chocolate-covered raspberries. Don't think I got a real good picture of the cake Missy made (but it sure tasted good!) so here's the one Jamie made:

Pay no attention to the candles for they are WRONG!!!!!!

I also had to get some pictures of my four-legged birthday party guests. Here's my sweet little Vee, the cuddle monkey dog:

Isn't he adorable in his party hat?! And here's sassy little Bee, who surprised us all and behaved herself admirably all evening, I'm so proud of her because usually she goes all crazy and gets locked in the bathroom...

I think she was hoping for cake. Or maybe hamburger. Or maybe people food of any kind. Jamie and Dean also brought Raven over, and I figured out how to get three dogs' undivided attention at the same time while taking a picture:

Hold treats above the camera. Works like a charm.

Speaking of charm, here's my awesome sweetie-pie, Lee!

I love that shirt, my mom sent it to me. It says "Rotten and I love it!" and it looks like Maleficent is staring at the gorgeous necklace Lee gave me for my birthday. Can't blame her, it's bee-yoo-tiful! So yep, that's what we did for my birthday. We also destroyed an Elmo pinata, but you'll have to ask Lee about that one ;)

6 comments:

Giffysk8s said...

Well, it looks like you had an awesome birthday! The Star Trek cake and the Maleficent shirt are sooo you! And now you must share the Elmo pinata story. Your blogger peeps are dying to know!

BTW, quite impressed that you all three doglets to look at the camera. Gotta try that trick!

Good job on the necklace, Lee!

Sparkle said...

Glad you had a wonderful celebration!

CCsMom said...

SOOOO glad you had such a great time on your 30th birthday -- yes, I said THIRTY! You only turn 30 once -- or I'm thinking you're gonna do that a few times. Ha! Great pictures. Wish I was there for all the fun.

Heard from Christos -- he's broadcasting for college basketball and baseball and he will graduate with a degree in Communications come spring. Isn't that great?

You have a good one. I'm going to go put my feet up. Love ya!!! Mom

CCsMom said...

Oh, tell Connie I said hello! Great to see a picture of her, too!

arlene said...

Happy belated birthday. Looks like you had a ton of fun. Nothing luck a good Wii tournement to shake things up.

Getting all your fur babies to look os perfect is a feat all by itself.

Liz Guidry said...

Soo fun! Love the cake and the pics of you. ;) Welcome to being old. hehe