Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I Scrapped!

No, my paper still isn't done (in fact, it's stuck at around 2.25 pages) but last night I just got the urge to work on a layout for my scrapbook, so I did. Finished up the last bit of it tonight, so here's what I have to show for my efforts:

These are all the Christmas card photos I received in 2008, minus the ones from Liz ('cause her daughter Autumn got her own layout) and the ones from my parents (who will get their own layout sometime soon). This is also possibly the most expensive layout I've ever done...I had the idea for it, but I wanted to use the rub-ons from the last SU mini catalog that coordinated with the ornament punch, so I had to get both of those items, and then I decided that I wanted to use that Christmas Cocoa Designer Series Paper (I think that's what it was called) so I had to get that too, and I also got the stamp set that coordinates with the ornament punch for good measure (although I didn't use it on here--I *might* have!!).

Oh, wait. Lee reads this blog. In that case, all the supplies together cost $10 ;) and I bought them all several months ago, too late for me to return anything, bwahahahaaa!

Anyway, this layout is a bit of a cheat because I didn't do any journaling, and my "title" is just the sentiment on the ornament rub-on. I discovered in the process of doing this layout that an adhesive eraser will, in fact, erase a bit of rub-on if it gets somewhere you don't want it...the second ornament on the left page, I just used the outline part and didn't want the sentiment that was supposed to go in the middle, but when I accidentally got part of it on the red cardstock, it came up with the adhesive eraser pretty easily. Anyway, I really like how it turned out; I think I should do a layout like this every year so I don't lose my friends' and families' Christmas card pictures. So I've got a bag full of all the Christmas cards I got in '09 and I'll soon be ready to do another version of this layout. But with different papers and I think I got more photos in '09.

I would really, really, really like to finish up my scrapbooks from 2008 in the near future. In fact, I only have two layouts that I haven't started at all yet; there are several others that I just need to put the finishing touches on--journaling, titles, accents. Hmm, maybe I can get that all done by the time we leave for Sapporo in February...it's a goal worth striving towards. Now if only that pesky paper would hurry up and write itself!

I also have a couple of swaps to share (because the deadline on these was more pressing than the paper was...hehehe).

This is my Sale-a-Bration swap, and yes, I know that I used the same idea that I did for my turkey-riffic Thanksgiving cards, but I just thought it worked for this! I was going to use the Cottage Wall designer papers until I figured out that I don't have the Rich Razzleberry polka-dot ribbon (guess what's going on my next SU order) so I used Razzleberry Lemonade instead. I think it's pretty fun and cute, not too bad for a really quick card.

I did two swaps using stuff from the Occasions mini catalog; this stamp set is called My Matryoshka, and the sentiment is from Well Scripted. Both are stamped with black craft ink and embossed with clear embossing powder, and then I watercolored the dolls. It took for.ev.er! I haven't a clue what "traditional" colors for matryoshka would be, but I liked the combination I chose. I wanted to tie the ribbon in a bow, but this ribbon, pretty as it is, will NOT make a bow. So knots it was.

This was my swap using I {Heart} Hearts (and for now we'll ignore the aggravating misuse of brackets, shall we?) and some new designer paper that I can't remember the name of but it's got glitter in it. I think this one needed something more, but I couldn't think what (and I was out of time) so off it went like this. The main image is stamped with Real Red craft ink and heat embossed because a.) it looks cool and b.) I discovered something hinky on my Real Red classic ink pad, all I will say is it looked weird and I will be purchasing a new ink pad along with that Razzleberry ribbon.

Anyway, I suppose I should quit stalling and see if Lee wants to go to the gym. I don't think we'll be staying long though since he's well on his way to getting a cold and I'm starting to feel the beginnings of a sore throat...although maybe I'm just dehydrated. But if we don't go to the gym, I shall be forced to work on my paper :p Tata for now, peeps!

4 comments:

Giffysk8s said...

Love all of your cards! I am so loving simpler, cleaner cards, especially ones with no coloring! Of course, then I go on a Bella craze and color my hand to death.

What a great way to use those photo Christmas cards! I have stacks of them from over the years. Guess i know what to do with them now!

Hope you and Ree feel better quickly!

Amber said...

Awesome layout! It's very Christmasy, perfect!
I hope you and Lee don't get sick! I had to go to sick call yesterday morning for a sore throat and I got 48 hour quarters! I'm feeling better today but yesterday SUCKED! It wasn't strep or anything, just sore throat, body aches, head aches, ear aches, head aches, dizzy, blah!
So you guys drink your OJ and fight the sickies off!
I haven't been to the PO in a couple days so I'm going today, lets hope our Bellas are here!!!

Liz Guidry said...

Yay for scrapping! I absolutely LOVE the LO and how you did the ornaments. Sooo cute. I may 'borrow' that idea, although I won't be buying the rub-ons or punch ;) Hope to chat with you soon.

CCsMom said...

What a great idea. I haven't had time to scrap in absolute ages (stockings and afghan were taking up most of my time), but once I get my house in order from after Christmas, I'm hoping to finally break out my CRICUT and go to town! I'd like to do my OKINAWA scrapbook first.

I'm not feeling so great. Been working until close to 7:00 every night and the atmosphere has been real tense. The big boss is in next week and I'll be late Monday and Tuesday for sure. Paying for my week off between Christmas and New Year's.

Still REALLY COLD here and someone is either running water or something broke on up the block because we're the lowest point and now we have a sheet of ice near the hot tub. Boo on cold weather.

Love ya!!! Mom