Thursday, January 21, 2010

Kickin' It Rockettes Style

Jamie and I did a TurboKick (kickboxing) class tonight and as part of the turbo section, the teacher had us dancing the cancan, Rockettes style. Hilarity ensued, but unfortunately I have neither photographic nor video proof of this event. You'll just have to take my word for it.

I am proud to say that while my paper remains in the same state I left it last time I posted (read: way far from being done), I *did* finish up not one, not two, but threeeeeee layouts for my scrapbook! So here they are:

K, so the only thing that's changed is I wrote on the white bit. I won't chatter about these pages since I just posted them a couple days ago.

Same deal for this one. I also posted the next one a while back in its unfinished state, but now it's done and I so proud!

And it's ORANGE. Dusty Durango, to be exact. Still no clue why I wanted to do orange with these pictures but I did so I went with it and I like it. My only problem with this layout was trying to figure out what kind of accents to do. I'm happy with it.

I also made a very bright card for Bellariffic Friday but I can't post it until later. It's very cute and also orange. :D

So tomorrow is the day that we're doing a lil birthday hoopiedoo for me at work. For Connie's birthday on Tuesday, we got a Dulce de Leche cheesecake (can you say 762 calories per SLICE?!) and then we all sang happy birthday to her, but I must say my coworkers are pretty pathetic singers. We had at least a dozen people and it sounded more like 2. So we'll see what's in store for me tomorrow; all I know is that Lee's been talking to Connie and there was some mention of cake. Have no fear, I am taking my camera to work with me. TTFN, bloggy peeps!

4 comments:

Sparkle said...

Your layouts are lovely! Orange is blue's complementary color, so it makes sense for you to use it, lol. :) The cheesecake sounds good and I'm sure your cake will be yummy too. I sent your card at the beginning of this week...so sorry I think you'll get it late.

Giffysk8s said...

Happy birthday a day early! Love the layouts. Dusty Durango is perfect these photos!

I am sooo happy that someone besides me uses TTFN! I've been writing that to my kids since they were toddlers, and still do. Nobody else ever knows what it means!

TTFN 2U2!

CCsMom said...

Oh my gosh, it just hit me -- I'm the MOTHER of a 30-year-old! That means I'M OLD. You aren't, however. Yep, at her prime, she is. I hope you have the best day ever. I'm jealous. Wish I was 30 again. I'll be Mimi's age this year -- 55 (and holding). Think I'll stay there awhile. And don't let Lee rubbing it in on being 30 get to you -- he'll be there in a few short weeks. And it's just a good time. Enjoy!!! Love, Mom

Amber said...

Love how the LO's turned out! Is TTFN, Ta Ta for now? That's all I can think, lol!

30 years old, DUDE! You are SUPAH OLD! You and Lee are getting SO ANCIENT!!! Bwahahaha! I can say that cause you have a few months on me:D Ha! You know I love ya!;)

How was your bday at work? Have any sinful cheesecake? Sounds so good but I can feel it going to my hips just THINKING about it!