Friday, March 12, 2010

Sapporo, Part 10: TV Tower and the Trip Back to Okinawa

I'm back again with the last bit of pictures from our trip to Sapporo, unless I decide to go through the hundreds of photos once again and just pick some random ones. Meant to post this a few days ago, but work just gets in the way of my blog time (and stamping time, and scrapping time, and stitching time, and reading time). So anyway, after our trip to the zoo (actually it was kind of fun to leave the polar bears up for a while, they're so cute) we took a cab back to Sapporo Station and ate dinner at McDonald's (good old-fashioned authentic Japanese food right there) and then we went out walking back towards the Odori snow festival. At one end of it is the TV tower, so we paid the fee to go up to the observation deck to (what else?) observe the snow festival from an aerial perspective. Here's the tower:

And here is what we observed from an aerial perspective:

There was also a big souvenir shop inside the tower that sold danpa merchandise. Missy and I wish we had taken a picture of it but for some reason we didn't. Basically a danpa is like a reverse panda, so where a panda is white, a danpa is black, and vice versa. Kind of strange. One more photo from back down on the street level:

Yeah, I forget what this was. Maybe the sports monument sculpture? Moving on, Missy and I couldn't resist getting some frozen chocolate-covered bananas at the festival since it was our last night.

With sprinkles. Because frozen chocolate-covered bananas should always have sprinkles.

So there you have it, that's what all we did in Sapporo. These photos were taken on our last night there, and we left for the airport at nine the following morning. But the fun did not stop there, oh no. We had an Uno tournament on the trip back.

You can just see the cards on Lee's tray table. Here he is pretending to be scared of my lack of shuffling skillz:

Missy then asked a flight attendant to take our picture so you can actually see what we were doing:

We have decided that when we go to China in May, we're going to have a big Uno tournament that will last for the duration of the trip. So whenever we're in airports or on planes we're going to play Uno. We bought our plane tickets earlier this week!! No turning back now, hehe. We'll be gone for 12 days and go to Shanghai, Guilin, Xian, and Beijing and I might be missing a place but those are the ones I remember off the top of my head. Rest assured I will probably have enough pictures from that trip to keep my blog hoppin' for the rest of the year, especially since Lee got a new memory card for the camera that will allow us to take about 1200 pictures. Oh, yeah!!

5 comments:

CCsMom said...

How funny! I don't think I could've made it to that tower observation deck -- me and the vertigo.

Just got back from Joann's Fabrics where I bought a package of page inserts for the scrapbook. Did you say 30 pages total -- like 15 sheets of protectors? It came with 20 (10 with two sides, you know).

Dad went to Oklahoma to look at a car -- took a 1/2 day vacation, but he's not coming home with the car. Couldn't get over the black interior (in Texas).

Love ya! Mom

Thoughts by B and M said...

The UNO pictures of us are HILARIOUS! I can't stop laughing! Can't wait to play on our "china vacation" :)

Crafty Math Chick said...

Looks like you guys had so much FUN! I am jealous - I have not had a chocolate covered frozen banana in AGES! (and I always got mine coverd with nuts, not sprinkles, sigh). Glad you had som emuch fun - bet you will have more fun scrapbooking your photos of your trip!

Lee said...

Scared nothing, I was flat out making fun of you!

Giffysk8s said...

We used to have Uno tournaments with the kids when we went camping. It can become very intense! And Ree cracks me up!

You will have so much fun in China! Rick's been to all of those places. He says there is a lot to experience. Can't wait to see all 1200 of your pics!

As for frozen bananas~they are the best! I have loved them since I was a little girl. When we went to Disneyland last summer, I treated Emma to her first one. I have never had one with sprinkles, though. They always seem to have nuts. We make our own sometimes. Gotta get some sprinkles!