Sunday, March 28, 2010

Splendid, Phase 2

I think I need Lee to hide my cross stitch pattern from me for a while so I can get some other stuff done...all I've wanted to do for the last week is stitch. So here's another progress report. Just for reference, here is what I'm working on:

And here is Phase 1, photo taken on February 6:

And here is Phase 2, photo taken about five minutes ago ;)

K, so the picture quality leaves much to be desired, but you get the general idea. The pattern is 12 pages and I finished the first page last week. Then I couldn't decide if I wanted to work across or down first, so I've kind of been going back and forth and I've started stitching on no fewer than six new pages. I've done 7,752 stitches out of 34,144, so I'm about 22% done. I think I may just keep working on the sky for a while; it goes faster because there are fewer color changes than in the leaves. I kind of want to delay stitching the oranges themselves because I think they'll be the most fun....I may save them till last.

Anyway, I'm making us late for a barbecue so I'd better post this and get moving. TTFN!

2 comments:

Giffysk8s said...

Very nice, Miss C! The oranges will be fun~so vibrant! I like the mountains, too. You are making really good progress!

I would post progress on mine, but it wouldn't look like anything. I am only on page 2 of 25. Right now, it just looks like a hodgepodge of colors. And although I still have 23.5 pages to go, I somehow find the time to be looking at other patterns on my Scarlet Quince wish list (thanks to you, I might add!). I just can't decide what to do next. Such troubles, eh? LOL

Hope your BBQ was fun!

CCsMom said...

So I'll comment on this just to prove that yes, indeed, I am reading your cross stitching blog. Ha! LOVE the colors in this piece. It is going to be SO MUCH WORK, though. I don't think I'll EVER do one like this. I mean I'll do larger projects, but these are just TOO detailed for me. I need to start Adam and Adrienne's stockings now so I can hopefully get them done for this Christmas. I have everything to get started . . .

Love you, love you!!! Mom