Friday, April 30, 2010

Sarah's Book

I meant to have this posted by Wednesday and here it is Friday night. Oh well, at least I got the book finished on time even if I didn't post it as quickly as I wanted ;) So here are all the layouts in the book I gave to Sarah.

They haven't decided on a name yet, so I just went with Baby's First Year. I chose Fox & Friends from SU for the first and last pages in the book since the album cover has blocks with animals on it. This is one of the few color combos I like with Soft Suede...I much prefer Close to Cocoa so I'm sad that one is retiring. And I'll really miss Baja Breeze and Crushed Curry!

Sarah's baby shower invites were pretty much in these colors except Melon Mambo instead of Real Red, but we made those before she found out she was having a boy so for the book I used Real Red to make it look more boyish.

August is pretty much the same as for Melissa's book, but no pink :)

I tried very hard to make each layout have a different base color, and I needed Bashful Blue for a different month, so I had to come up with something for September. I almost did Gable Green and I think that would have looked really cute, but I didn't want to do red and green together.

October is almost identical to Melissa's book but I switched around the colors a little bit so the emphasis wasn't on Perfect Plum.

I love how November turned out (thanks to Missy for the idea to use that tree stamp) and the only thing that makes me sad is that I only have one small scrap of that stripey paper left. Love these colors together!!

Sarah is Jewish, so no Santa Claus or Christmas ornaments. I ordered the Whipper Snapper polar bear stamp especially for this book.

I took the colors for this layout from the patterned paper I used, plus I already had blue mats cut out for a different layout that I changed my mind on so I was glad to use those here. If I had already done the December layout when I designed this one, I might have looked for something different since they're both very snowflakey back to back. But I do love how this one turned out anyway :)

I liked the Bella Rose version of this one from last year's baby books better...I think maybe I should have used a darker green for the accent color?

March is exactly the same as for Mel's book; still one of my favorites!

I needed to do something non-Easter bunny for April, and my mom came up with the April Showers idea. Luckily Amber has these adorable umbrella stamps! I was really tickled with how this one turned out.

Since Sarah loves the bright colors, I went all Rainbow Brite on the May Mother's Day layout.

I am SO in love with this one! The stamp is from Whipper Snapper, I just love it. I wish I'd had a little more time to color in the image...I got the giraffe and lion and leaves to look really good with my colored pencils, but I had to rush through the elephant and the background a little bit so they don't look as good. I was surprised how much I liked these colors together: Glorious Green, Rose Red, Crushed Curry and a little bit of Brilliant Blue. Too bad they're all retiring except for Rose Red (yeah, I'm a little bummed about SU's color renovation. They got rid of most of the purples!!)

The July layout just didn't quite turn out as neat as I had hoped. Maybe I should have done some of the fireworks in gold like I did for my swap cards? I don't know. I just wish SU would do a pack of red, white and blue DSP, that would make July layouts SO much easier!! If they'd come out with something like that, I'd buy a zillion packs!

More bright colors for the first birthday layout. I tried this with Soft Suede and it just looked icky so I went with Chocolate Chip instead. Trust me when I say this one looked better IRL...the colors look off in this photo; for some reason the letters make my eyes cross looking at that picture. :p The presents are made with square punches and then flower punches for the bows.

So there you have it! :)

3 comments:

Giffysk8s said...

LOVE THESE!!! I totally love the blue and brown combos! And those umbrellas are darling! What in the world would I do without you to inspire me???

CCsMom said...

My favorite is the June layout -- cute, cute animals. And I really like how the presents on the one year old layout turned out. What a great idea!

Hope you are doing great. I bet you are going crazy trying to get ready for your trip. Hope we get to talk this weekend before you are out of touch for two weeks.

Love you! Mom

Liz Guidry said...

January, April and May are my faves. ;) You did great on all of them. Hope I get to talk to you before I am without internet for over a MONTH! I will have to jet down to starbucks to check on my peeps. Miss you bunches.