Monday, June 28, 2010

Exploring the Countryside

Once we got off the boat, we walked a few blocks up to our hotel (luckily we were not lugging our bags...while we were cruising the river, our driver took the bags to the new hotel for us). Next we had planned to do a bike ride out into the country, but given that it was a bit rainy and none of the four of us had been on a bike in quite a while, we opted for an alternative means of transport:

Oh yeah. William called it a golf cart but it reminded me more of a tram at Disneyland.

And here we are, riding in style :) So here's what we saw, with minimal narration from me because a picture is worth a thousand words (and I'm writing this when I should be getting ready for work this morning, ha!):





We drove through a tiny town (maybe two, it was kind of hard to tell) and a lot of the buildings looked like this. Lots of dogs and ducks running around and we saw several pigsties (not like "your room is so messy it looks like a pigsty" but really a place where a pig lives type of pigsty).


I love the reflection on the water, doesn't that look neat??

So we're out here in a place that closely resembles the middle of nowhere, and on the bank of this river there's this lady who has a table set up with a laptop and she's surfing the Internet. From the middle of nowhere. Too bad we didn't get a picture of her...





It's going to be hard to pick photos from this batch for my scrapbook (whenever I can get around to that....) Missy and Bennet took quite a few pictures too but I didn't go through theirs really when I put together this post, other than the one of us on the tram/golf cart thing. Suffice it to say, we took *lots* of pictures pretty much everywhere we went.

4 comments:

CCsMom said...

So PEACEFUL. That's the word that comes to mind. The weather looks like it is here today -- it started raining cats and dogs and at lunch, you wouldn't have thought this was coming. Wow. LOVE the pictures!

Giffysk8s said...

I am so sure you guessed that my favorite pics would be the ones with reflections in the water.

And I so would have been the lady on the internet in the middle of nowhere! LOL

You took such fabulous photos, Christy! I can't wait to see how you scrap them! Since you said it will take you a long while, maybe I will make good progress on my cross stitch by them. :)

Zeus and Twinkle Haskins said...

What incredible adventures yall are taking. The pictures are beautiful. I am totally enjoying them, thanks for sharing and keep em coming.

Thoughts by B and M said...

What about P.O.C.?