Sunday, June 27, 2010

Splendid, Phase 4

I'm taking a short break from the China pictures to bring you an update on my stitching project. So here is how it looks right now:

I've made *lots* of progress since the last time I posted a picture. The border is all done, and the sky is done (the clouds are much yellower than they look on the sample picture, but I think they'll look alright once the mountains are stitched). I have completed 18,101 stitches, so I am just a bit over 53% done. That means I'm officially over halfway finished! Kind of hard to believe. I'm not sure what section I want to start on next although I'm considering the oranges on the left side of the design. Or else the mountains right under the sky (you can see their silhouette right now). The chart covers 12 pages (ok, so several are partial pages) and I now have at least one stitch done on every single page of the chart, but I've only completely finished one page as well. If I do the oranges next, I'll finish off two more pages, which would be nice...but I can't stitch right now, I have some birthday cards to make. Back soon with more China pics :)

7 comments:

Amber said...

Lookin' good! I think you should do mountains next!
I was wondering how far you were into this project, thanks for the update;)

Giffysk8s said...

I'm with AMber~mountains next! Can't wait to see how they look against the sky.

I am so jealous. Your pattern is 12 pages~mine is 24!!! Yikes!I am stitching the Degas painting of the ballerinas. I have finished 1 page and have stitched on 3 others. Feels like I will be 90 before it's done! LOL It's been hard to stitch "sections" like you get to do with the sky, mountains, etc. because so much of it consists of large blocks of the pretty much the same colors. But I am excited~after I finish the walls in the background, I am going to tackle the ballerinas!

So what are you going to do wit this~frame it? It's really turning out pretty! THe colors are so pretty, and I love the scroll work in the corners. Let us know what you decide to tackle next.

Giffysk8s said...

BTW, your stitching is sooooooo perfect~it doesn't look like you ever make a mistake! I am jealous!

CCsMom said...

OK, so I was on my VERY LAST STITCH of my latest project and Dad insisted I get up and move my car before the sprinklers start, so I just have to tuck the ends in. Then I'm going to wait until my new glasses come in to examine it before I send it off for framing. It is in sections and I would finish one before moving on, but I want to make certain I haven't missed something. I just went for an eye exam yesterday and Dr. Rhea said that I am legally not supposed to drive with these glasses, they are so out of range. My eyes have gotten two steps worse in the past two years (yes, I waited two years to go). So my new glasses get here in 10 business days and then I'll examine it. Hey, I caught one cross stitch where I didn't complete the cross with THESE glasses. Can't be all THAT bad, can they?

LOVE your project. It will be a work of art, won't it?!!! B-U-tiful. Love you! Mom

CCsMom said...

Hey, this is the week for the "Twilight" sequel. Yep -- going for my BD!!!

CCsMom said...

P.S. Is this on 16 count? I can't remember.

Sparkle said...

Wow, you're doing great progress! I say do the oranges!