Wednesday, August 18, 2010

This One's For Amber

We are back from Fuji, more or less intact, but we haven't loaded the pictures on the computer so I won't blog about that 'til the weekend I think. And I still have to finish up the China pictures (not too many more now) but for today, I'm going to post some stamping projects just for Amber 'cause she asked for them :) I worked on two swaps yesterday, so here they are.

Isn't it beeyoootiful? I was sad when Stampin' Up retired Really Rust, but I must say I am in love with Cajun Craze. And that patterned paper is totally fabulous too, I want to get enough packs of it to wallpaper my house but somehow I don't think Lee would like that too much ;) I was inspired by this card made by Ilina Crouse even though mine doesn't look much like hers. I put a brad in the center of the design--I used an Old Olive brad just because I had more of that color than any of the other colors used on the card, I think it would have looked good with a More Mustard one.

I used one of the Fall-To Layouts from the Clean & Simple blog for this one but I don't remember offhand which one it was...I'd had this idea floating around in my head for a couple of weeks now. I just used a square punch to punch out six different patterns from the new mini catalog Designer Series Paper, and then mixed 'em all up when I put together the swaps. The card still seemed to need something once I'd put together all the pieces, so I added the ribbon.

Anyway, I have to go back to work today :( and I'm still trying to catch up with my email and everyone else's blogs, so I'd better get with it. Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to work I go...

7 comments:

Sparkle said...

What darling cards!

Giffysk8s said...

Now THIS is why Amber wanted you to post something crafty~you always blow us away with what you make! I love that color, too~what patterened paper is that?

Amber Hight said...

YEAH! These cards are totally fabulous but I especially love the first one!!!!!!!! WOW that image is so gorgeous, what is it? FAB cards darlin', thanks for obliging me:)
I can't wait to see you this weekend!!!

Christy Lynn said...

The stamp set used on the first card is called Day of Gratitude and the DSP is called Autumn Spice (yummy); both will be available in the upcoming SU mini catalog. The DSP on the second card is called Candy Cane Christmas--I loved it but not so much the stamp set that coordinates with it so I just bought the paper :)

Giffysk8s said...

On the fall card, did you color the stamp with markers or stamp it and then color it? (Can you tell that I am already adding to my wish list? LOL)

Christy Lynn said...

Vicki, I colored with markers to match the patterned paper, so Old Olive, More Mustard, Cajun Craze and Early Espresso. Not too bad if you're doing one card but it took *forever* to do 14!!

CCsMom said...

Wow, I especially like the top card. Finally got a chance to look at your blog -- we've been having MAJOR computer issues.

Hope all is well and we can talk sometime this evening (my evening). We're headed to dinner right now. Love you mucho!